- First Names -

real simple. made this june 12 of this year
—————————————————————
kaito and shuuichi were having a rather normal, domestic day. the two were sitting on the couch side by side watching shows on netflix. it was a normal thing they did on weekends. but kaito wanted to try something new.

"hey, shuuichi?" kaito says, turning to the detective. the boy looks at kaito curiously, which kaito took as an ok to complete his thought. "i've been thinking. i've called you by your first name for awhile now, and...maybe you can call me by mine?"

shuuichi blinks, "ah...you think we're that far into our relationship?" kaito nods and smiles, "it's been a few months now. i think it's reasonable!" the detective only blushes softly and pushes his hair out of his face lightly. "i...i can try...if you'd like..."

kaito chuckles, "there's no reason to be nervous! i've been calling you by your first name since before we even got together!" shuuichi huffs, "that's because you have more confidence than me..." the astronaut doesn't reply. it's obvious to shuuichi that he's waiting.

"...k-kaito..." shuuichi mumbles. kaito feels the color creep onto his cheeks. the detective giggles, "you brought this upon yourself, kaito." the said astronaut grumbles quietly and turns away to hide his blush.

kaito turns back to shuuichi a few moments later and smirks, "you're right, i did, shuuichi." shuuichi can't help blushing as well. in a panic, he puffs out his cheeks. kaito laughs and puts his hands under shuuichi's arms, pulling the boy into his lap and falling back into the couch arm. the two laugh lightheartedly and continue on with their domestic life.