Epilogue

Clara

"Aww. You look so pretty." Ava said as she kneeled down in front of me and enveloped me in a hug. "I'm so happy for you Clara. You deserve every bit of happiness." I returned her hug and controlled the tears that were brimming inside my eyes. It was finally happening. A wedding with the man I loved.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I knew I have never looked more beautiful. It was probably the glow of being in love or the happiness of getting married that was evident on my face.

The dress was perfect, simple yet elegant. Miss. Eleanor did wonderful job in making the perfect dress for me. It was strapless with sweetheart neckline, that hugged my figure like a glove and highlighted the curves I might not even had.

There was just one thing missing. I closed my eyes and imagined my parents with me. I wished I had enough courage to go talk to my mother but I didn't. What I did to her was unforgivable, even last six years spent in hell couldn't make it up for it.

"One word, breathtaking." I heard Crystal's voice behind me. She and Ava were my bridesmaid while Aaron's Dad was his best man. Mark was going to walk me down the aisle. We didn't want much guests, just the people who stood with us through thick and thin.

"Thanks." I hugged her too. Both Ava and Crystal were wearing peach colored halter neck bridesmaid dress, with their brown hair styled in a braided bun.

"Come on Ava, let's make sure all the arrangements are done." she said to Ava, breaking the hug.

"But I have already checked." she said and then nodded, as if understanding a silent message.

Within minutes, they both left and I heard someone entering the room.

"Clara!" I heard Aaron's deep voice and butterflies erupted in my stomach at the thought of marrying him.

"Go away Aaron. It's badluck to see the bride in her wedding dress." I said, hiding myself from him.

"Turn around." he said but I didn't.

"I don't want to ruin anything this time so no, I am not turning around." I said, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Clara!" he demanded and I let out a groan.

"Aar-"

"Clara.. Sweetie..." another voice hit my eardrums. The voice that I haven't heard in years yet it was with me whenever I was at my lowest. My knees lost all their strength and buckled under my weight. I had to hold the chair beside me to support myself into standing.

I turned around and watched her standing few feet away from me. Tears welled in my eyes as I whispered, "Mom."

She was dressed in a formal dress, her hair down in small curls. She had aged a lot in the time I was away and the grief of losing her family was evident on her face. Many emotions whirled through me and I tried to find words but couldn't. My tongue felt tied and my throat constricted.

"Were you really planning to get married without me?" she said as little drops of tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Mom.." I bawled as I stepped towards her and enveloped her in a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and both of us burst into crying.

"I'm sorry baby. I should've been here for you." she said in an agonising tone.

"No.. No.. I'm sorry. I should have contacted you earlier." I said in between my hiccups.

In between the hugging, I watched Aaron leaning beside the doorframe, watching us with a sad smile on his face. I muttered "Thank you" to him for giving me the best wedding gift possible before he left, leaving us alone to talk.

...

After almost an hour of letting my heart out with my mother, the wedding started. Having my mother with me made this occasion much more happier and I couldn't describe in words how lucky I felt to be getting married to Aaron.

Mark walked me down the aisle as Aaron was waiting for be on the other end of the aisle. He looked really handsome, with his hair gelled back in style and the black tux enveloping his tall, muscular built.

The officiant started the ceremony but I couldn't tear my eyes from him. Every step in the ceremony reminded me of our first wedding and how I messed everything up. This time, I was going to be the wife he actually deserved.

It was time to exchange vows. He went first by saying, "Love, you made me realise that we are after all humans and no human is perfect. We all makes mistake but the best of us, only they can acknowledge their mistakes and make it up for it. You have no idea how proud I am of your strength, for I neither have the perseverance not the stamina of surviving against the odds you suffered. Today, I promise to never let you go. I'll always be the shoulder you can cry on, the hands that will hold you if you're going to fall, the lips that'll make you smile and the heart that will never stop beating for you."

By the time he stopped, I was drenching in tears. "I.... I didn't write anything this good." I said in between wiping my tears. "I just want to promise you that from this day onwards, I'll be the woman you deserve. Never in this life will I make you regret the decision of choosing me. For you, Aaron, are the most beautiful human being I have ever met. Not everyone can look past a person's mistake and not everyone has the courage of accepting a broken soul and mending it."

I saw a hint of moisture in his eyes on hearing me. We exchanged our rings after that and after the officiant pronounced us husband and wife, we sealed the wedding with a kiss. The kiss held a promise of never giving up on each other, no matter what destiny throws at us.

Beside us, Ava, Crystal and my mom, all three of them were crying too.

After the ceremony, I gave a group hug to the two people I adored the most, because without them, I might not even be here right now. Ava and Mark. The two people who pulled me out of the well of despair and made me realise that one little deed of kindness can make someone's life.

And a shout out to Ryan who taught me that appearances are often deceptive. There are devils in this world with the face of an angel and the best thing to do is to love someone's soul, not their faces.

__________________________

AllArt_OnePlace has posted an interview with me in her book. Do check it out.

A quick journey came to a quick end.

Started: 15th July 2019
Finished: 1st September 2019

Anything you want to ask me or tell me, do comment in front of this and I'll make sure to reply.