Chapter 28

Surprise!!! Double update!

Superrrr long chapter :)

WARNING: violence and attempted sexual assault.

Ghost of You- 5 Seconds of Summer

𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓

I've always been fond of silence.

The few quiet seconds building up to a lightning strike.

The soft tranquility of a crackling fire on a cold evening.

The sleepy peacefulness of waking up in the middle of the night.

I lived for these moment, reveling in their beauty each time they come.

But this quiet was something new altogether.

This silence sounded like death.

✧ ✧ ✧

I had been placed in a damp, dark room, the overpowering stench of mildew and dirt making my eyes water uncontrollably.

I didn't remember how long ago that was.

When I had been taken, I faintly remember hitting my head on something, but I couldn't seem to remember what.

I couldn't stop myself from drifting in and out of consciousness. I assumed that my inability to stay awake had been related to the injury that was surely gracing my hairline, leaving a sticky trail of dried blood down the side of my cheek.

I had been alone for the entire duration of my stay in the horribly cold room, for which I was thankful for. I hadn't met my kidnapper yet, and I really had no desire to.

I knew I was likely to die once my kidnapper finally decided to show their face, but I think that I had finally made peace with that. The only regret that burned through me was the thought of leaving August, even when I had promised that I'd always be with him.

I was reminded of my promise with every ache that I felt in my chest, the mate bond pulling at my heart.

The rusted door handle clicking slowly brought me from my thoughts.

The handle turned, the door creaking open ever so slowly.

A figure made their way leisurely into the room, whistling a soft tune as if this was a casual affair.

Through my blurry vision. I could make out that the silhouette was tall and muscular, with short cropped hair and dark clothing.

My kidnapper's steps echoed as he made his way over to the chair that I had been uncomfortably tied to.

I was too disoriented from hunger and pain to make out any of his features as he came closer, out of the shadows.

I felt a large, cold hand grab my chin roughly, yanking my slouching face to meet his eyes.

"Ah, yes," The man's gruff voice echoed throughout the dark room, "The famous little human Luna. So weak and fragile. Perfect for my brother."

"Your brother?" I asked, my head pounding with each word I spoke.

"Mhm," He answered, leisurely circling around my chair, studying me.