Chapter 33: Robin's Wish

"I still find it hard to believe it!" Brook cried out over the noise that Rocketman was making. "That you were all enemies just twenty-four hours ago! But now you're all fighting side by side against the World Government itself!"

"Of course!" Sanji laughed as they rode on through the dark tunnel, the sounds of the trains wheels echoing off the walls, "Those bastards made a big mistake messing around with us!"

"Like we were going to let them get away with all that they did," Nami added as well as she patted Franky on the shoulder. He hadn't stopped crying after seeing Zambai and the others beg to go with them to save him... the gesture meant more to him than anything anyone could've done.

"I'm envious, Franky-san," Brook informed him. "You truly are one of the luckiest people I've ever known to have such a loyal family there for you."

"Those idiots! I never asked them to come after me!" Franky sobbed.

'Neither did I ask,' Robin thought to herself with a small smile. But if Franky was anything like her, then she knew that he was truly glad that they cared enough to come for him. 'I guess that's just something we have to grin and bear... not that I mind though.'

They turned back to their ride—which was like being on a roller-coaster. They could see nothing but dark walls as they continued onwards, making violent turns, heading up and down. But the whole time, Luffy was screaming with joy from the front as the others would stick their heads out of the windows. They could just hear memory Nami's voice calling out to Kokoro, asking what this place was.

"An underground canal!" Kokoro hollered cheerfully from the front, they launched off very slightly right after that and crashed back down as they continued to ride the tunnel downwards. Luffy got hit hard and was now coughing and spluttering all the water out of his mouth.

"Hey! Luffy?! Are you ok?!" memory Nami cried in worry once they got their bearing straight.

"Water in my nose!" he wheezed out.

"What did he think was going to happen if he was sitting up there?" current Sanji whispered as they all shook their heads, a little sweat drop around their heads again.

Memory Nami obviously thought the same thing as she screamed out at him, "DUUUUHHHHH! WHAT'D YOU EXPECT WOULD HAPPEN?!"

"He never thinks ahead," the present-day Nami said in exasperation as Kokoro roared with laughter and called to Luffy to be careful as he continued to cough and look up front again.

"Whew! Didn't see that one coming! Man, this is getting exciting!" Luffy laughed out, grinning from ear to ear.

"Oh, well, if this is considered fun, then he must've had a blast back at Enies Lobby!" Usopp said sarcastically. "That had to be one of the worst days of my life!" He looked away before he added inside his head, 'One of them... second only to the days where mom died... that fight with Luffy... and Sabaody.'

His heart felt like it was beings squeezed and was glad for the distraction of when the train suddenly went into a deep dive. Luffy tried to scream out in warning to the others, but Kokoro just laughed again, letting them know that they were almost to the exit and they should hold on before they went flying out of here.

"Flying?!" Brook cried out, wishing that he could grab hold of something, but settled for Chopper instead as they held onto the other. The tunnel was as dark as ever, but they were picking up speed and finally they spotted light at the end of it. The next thing they knew, was that they were flying... bursting right out of the tunnel and out into the stormy air. They seemed to hover there—time slowing down for only a moment as a flash of lightning appeared and illuminated them. It was yet another surreal moment... Luffy screaming in joy as memory Chopper and Nami stared out in shock—with Zoro with a slight smirk on his face as if he thought all this was mildly interesting...