MAP and GLOSSARY

Glossary

Glossary

The Fall/Fallout: Collapse of Earth's civilized world; war, climate change and disease. A triumvirate of devastation that took many years to overcome and rise up out of. A hybrid language thrived very early on, the Rejkav's rise mostly blotting it out, claiming a return back to how things once were. Before biohacking, before humans and animals were tampered with.

Tapiri: Continent containing the seven city centers.

Rejkavs/Rejks: A new world government to arise out of the devastation of the Fall. A murky meld of religion and militia; they prohibit and monitor the use of all technologies. They are concerned with the preservation of the pure human line.

City centers: Cities to arise after the Fall. Most are Rejkav-run, each operating as its own subcity. Dialects vary, in some cases, as language has evolved. There is commerce between cities, and all are ruled by the Emperor and Empress, and by the Rejkavs.

Anomaly (Noms): Humans with genetic deviations eventually outlawed after the Fall. Any human possessing an anomaly in the city centers is captured and taken to the Rehab centers.

Anadeim: Superhuman race created by the Rejkavs, initially for hunting down Anomalies, and being advanced soldiers. Later reclaimed by the government when one went rogue and there was a public outcry. Some of the Anadeim evaded capture; these are the ones who continued to evolve other abilities over time. Some now possess the ability to pull a human's life force away, or crush vital organs in a human to mere dust. Those are the ones known as the Shadow Walkers.

the Push: An Anadeim's exertion of his or her will over a human's mind. Not all have this ability.

the Pull: An Anadeim's ability to pull thought and memories out of a human's mind. Also a rare ability. Something the Rejkavs tried to keep secret, an unexpected result of the new race they created.

Jadeim: A highly potent substance that renders human or Anadeim completely without will and in high doses, without movement.

Mindspeak: Telepathic communication between an Anadeim and a human.

Pulsebond: A rare, physical connection over long distances between an Anadeim and a human being, as though their vitals are tethered together.

Lezions: Unit of currency recognized world-wide.