chapter nineteen - first dates and death

chapter nineteen – first dates and death

"Is this where you're taking me to kill me?" I laughed as Marc led me deep into the woods behind the park.

"Shut up, Tee" Marc laughed. "I could never hurt you"

"Is that?" I grinned at the sight.

"The clubhouse? Yeah" Marc grinned.

I stared at the old shed that Marc, Kevin, Devin and I used to come and play in everyday. It was old when we found it and now it looked older.

"Come on" Marc grabbed my hand and lead me towards the doorway.

I gasped at the interior. It looked a lot nicer than the outside.

Fairy lights were hung on the walls and the floor looked spotless, surprisingly. Marc must have came to clean beforehand.

On the floor was a picnic blanket and a basket sat on a small table nearby.

"I didn't think you were the type of girl that wanted to go to dinner and movie for a first date" Marc shuffled where he stood next to me. "Did I get that wrong? Because if you don't like it I'll take you to see whatever you want"

"I love it, Marc."

"Did you hear any news?" I jumped up from my couch when Charlie walked through my front door.

"Nothing that we didn't know already" Charlie sighed. "He's stable. Sage said something about talking to him but I don't know if she meant if he was awake or if he's still in the coma"

My lip quivered at the mention of the coma.

"Thea, it's medically induced. He's okay" Charlie pulled me to sit on the couch next to him.

"What if he's not?" I cried. "It's been 2 weeks and he's not awake"

"Tee" Charlie wrapped his arms around me. "Summer was in her coma for 2 weeks too and Matt's lasted 2 months. And they're both fine."

"I just hope he wakes up. He can hate me forever as long as he wakes up perfectly fine" I hated the thought of Marc hating me but it was worth it if he was okay.

"He won't hate you. He'll understand that Kevin's a douchebag once you explain exactly what happened"

"Hopefully" I sigh, in worry. "I think I love him"

"Think?" Charlie jokes and I roll my eyes. "Tee I think you've loved him for a long time. Even before your crush on him in middle school"

"You knew about that?" My eyes widened in shock.

"Thea" Charlie gave me a flat face. "Everyone knew about it. You and Marc were just like me and Laurel"

"How are you and Laurel?" I smiled at the thought of my two best friends finally getting together.

"We're good" Charlie smiled widely. "I'm happy with her"

"And she's happy with you" I smile at my love struck best friend.

"Good" Charlie smiles proudly. "I want to make her happy."

Why couldn't my love life be as simple as theirs? Even though it took them years to get together, they seemed so happy with each other even before they finally admitted their feelings for one another.

"Laurel fought Mikayla today" Charlie spoke again and I frowned.

"Why?"

"She's been talking shit about you" Charlie sighed. "About the accident"