one 💘 dear cupid

Dear cupid
That's kind of a weird way to start a diary. But I suppose it makes sense for me. I'm known as cupid at school, among the guys at least. But we'll get to that later.

In primary school, we used to draw these pictures of ourselves then fill in stuff about us around the picture. A bit like this:

If I'm honest, I don't think my art skills have improved since we first did it in year 3

Name: Ryan McCarthy
Nickname: Cupid/Matchmaker Ryan
Age: 16
Birthday: 6th September
Nationality: British
Likes: friends, psychology, matchmaking
Dislikes: prejudice???
Hobbies: matchmaking :P

What do you want to be when you're older?
I want to make a dating app that matches people perfectly. Other than that, maybe I want to be a nurse. Even though Josh says only girls should be nurses...

And that was pretty much it. We all thought the last bit was like a really tiring essay or something.

So that's just a bit about me. Although I don't know why I'm introducing myself to a diary.

Anyway, back to me being cupid. What I do at school is I sometimes get other guys ask me to find them a match, because I know almost all the girls in our year, and some in the younger years too (none older, because our year 11 is the highest year group we have at our school). So far, everyone has been happy with the matches I give them. Sometimes guys even come to me for advice on how to talk to girls they like.

How it works, in a nutshell, is a guy asks me for a match. I ask them some questions, and according to their answers, I get them, by the next couple of days, a few matches. I tell him about the girls I match him with, and, with some advice, it's then all down to him to make a good impression on her, and, hopefully, hit it off :)

I'm friends with a lot of girls, and they mostly seem pretty okay with my 'business', because they trust me not to spill too much about them to guys they don't know. Just a simple introduction. But, very few of the girls actually know about what I'm doing. Things could get pretty awkward if they did. However, almost every guy in the year knows about it, so it's kind of like a network of dudes wanting girlfriends lol.

Oh, and, by the way... I'm gay.

That's why I'm able to stay as just friends with all the girls.

That's all.

Ryan x