12

I carried her, running into the hospital, past nurses and other doctors, ignoring them all.

I laid her in the first ER bed I saw.

I immediately grabbed an IV, searching for a clear vein in her arm.

"Shit" I cursed as I missed her vein, knowing it was going to make her arm bruise.

"Luke, move, you're too flustered"

I didn't argue against Calum as he pushed me away

He got the IV in, in seconds, immediately hooking it to tubing and fluids.

We put more cooling rags on her, monitoring her heart rate and blood pressure.

Ashton looked to her as everything finally slowed down.

"She can't be healthy" he spoke quietly.

I let my eyes meet his own.

"I mean- she's got muscle, but look at her Like, you can visibly tell where her ribs are through a sweatshirt" he spoke, nodding to her.

I looked, seeing exactly what he talked about.

I rubbed my face, turning my back to all of them.

"We need to get the state to shut that place down-" "they can't move her" I spoke firmly.

"Luke, her leaving is much better than her staying where she is-" we all immediately went silent as she shifted slowly.

Harley.

I woke up cold.

I could hear a machine beeping and quiet talking,

I felt a pounding head ache, and I knew I was laying down, which made me open my eyes.

I found myself in an unfamiliar room, the four familiar doctors standing over me, all focusing straight to me.

"What the fuck-" "you passed out" Calum spoke swiftly, as if it was no big deal.

Before I could even say anything else, Luke spoke

"What have you eaten today?" He asked me.

I let my brain think, although I knew the answer good and well.

Lie?

Or take the bullet?

"Nothing" I took the bullet.

"No breakfast or lunch?" His eyebrows raised.

"It's been a busy day-" "get up, we're getting your weight-" "Luke" Ashton spoke as Luke dropped the railing on the bed.

"What" Luke spat quickly.

"First off, watch your tone." Ashton spat back to him, which almost made me laugh, it was almost like a mother and a cold.

"Secondly, she's obviously confused and still recovering from passing out, give her a fucking minute." He spoke sternly.

I watched him run his fingers through his hair, taking a deep breath before his eyes met my own.

"How do you feel?" He asked me calmly.

"I'm fine" I lied, giving them a small nod.

He ended up sitting beside my knee in the bed, all of the guys pulling chairs to sit in.

One by one the guys were called out of the room, leaving just me and Luke.

He looked to me, sighing lightly.

"What is it about you?" He almost mumbled.

"What do you mean?" I questioned back.

He laughed lightly, shrugging

"I've treated so many teenage girls" he spoke

"But you- you're different." He spoke firmly.

"I just want to protect you and see you smile. I want to get you away from all potential danger." He spoke.

I almost felt my eyes watering.

"Please let me help you"