29 - the one where he is concerned

Aayush frowned looking at his phone. The sky now appeared black and it was seven on the clock. There was no call, message or her. He looked around one last time and made the call. She did not receive it. Was she okay? He called again, she didn't pick it up again. A few seconds later there was a message from her. "Sorry. Was caught up today." He read and sighed. That is all? Irritated he got to his feet and marched to his car. Not caring to reply whatsoever.

* * *

Aayush didn't know what to do. One, he was disappointed how she had kept him waiting the previous evening. Two, he wondered whether he should text or call and ask her if she would be able to make it today. After giving a little mind to it, he decided to text her. 

Aayush: Coming today?

Taara: Sorry. Can't make it this week.

Aayush stared at the message. He decided to make the call. 

"Hi!" 

Aayush took a deep breath finally hearing her voice. When had it become so important for him to hear her voice, to see her, to be with her? "Hey, everything okay?"

"Yup!"

Aayush blinked looking at the clock that hung on his office cabin's wall. "You sure?" 

"Yeah."

Aayush was further unsettled. "What happen? Why can't you make it?"

"Ah, cause I have other work."

"What other work?" Aayush inquired, curious now. Was she avoiding him? 

"Come on Aayush, there is so much at office and then I have a few things to do around. So that's why... but will see you soon-ish. See ya.. " 

"Taara, I--" he heard the beep sound from the other end. The call had ended. Something was definitely not right. First her answers in single words. And then the way she quickly spoke. Irritation was evident in her voice. Did he do something wrong? What was wrong? He sighed, wondering if he should try calling again? Was he being too clingy? He thought over it. Him and clingy? No way. He kept his phone away and tried to put his attention back on his laptop screen. His gaze wavered back to his mobile phone.  Something didn't feel right. What was she hiding? He couldn't help but feel restless. Was she okay?

* * *

"Oh hello, Aayush!" Taara's mother greeted him opening the door. He gave her a formal smile. Hopefully, this—visiting her house without telling her—wasn't a bad idea. 

"Hello, Aunty!" 

"Taara didn't tell me, you were coming over.." her mother explained her surprise.

"Oh, that's because she doesn't know as well. Just came by to surprise her." He explained. It was so much easier to talk to her father than her mother. The way she gave his face a glance of observance made him nervous.