Chapter Twelve

~Dakota~

"Mark me? That's the only way for your father to leave us remotely alone?" Jax sighed as we made our way upstairs to my bathroom to clean him up.

"Yes. And where we're mates and it would have to happen anyway, I didn't think it would have to be this soon." Jax groaned as he took off his shirt when I closed the bathroom door. My breath hitched at his beauty, but also at his injuries. He was terribly bruised, but I could tell he was healing quickly. I sighed as I grabbed a washcloth and ran it under warm water before ringing it out. I turned to Jax and looked at his face first. I saw he was covered in dirt, and he had a few cuts on his face as if claws had stricken his face. I sighed and moved him over to sit on the toilet. I lightly dabbed the washcloth on his face, afraid that I would hurt him. Jax stared at me as I helped clean his face and body. After I was satisfied with his face, I moved to his chest. I rubbed on spots where there was dirt, not being afraid to apply more pressure on areas where he was cut. I looked into Jax's eyes, and they were glowing yellow. I gave him a small smile and he growled lowly, looking appreciative and filled with pleasure. I blushed and continued to clean him in silence. After I was done I spoke up.

"Jax, can you turn around so I can get your back?" Jax didn't move and I grew confused. 

'Hey butter, is he okay?' 

'Hey, Ryder is in control. If you want to clean his back, you have to use his wolf's name.' 

'Oh, thank you. I didn't know that.'

'You're welcome!' With that, I blocked Butter out and I cleared my throat. Ryder looked up at me and tilted his head slightly. I giggled for a quick moment.

"Ryder, can you please turn around so I can clean your back?" Ryder growled in satisfaction. He stood slowly and gave a small smile. He then turned around and sat facing the toilet seat. I smiled again and started rubbing his back after I had rinsed off the washcloth. Ryder gave a hum of satisfaction and I tried hard not to giggle. He was just as cute as Jax.

"What are you thinking about, Dakota?" I gasped as I heard Ryder talk. His voice was much deeper, and it was pretty sexy. I shivered at the thought and cleared my throat.

"How adorable you are," I mumbled, but I knew he was able to hear me. Ryder stood up and turned around. I was a little startled by his sudden movement but started laughing when he picked me up in a hug. I wrapped my legs around him and threw the washcloth in the sink. Ryder growled and pulled me flush against him. I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder. I heard and felt Ryder purring, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What is so funny?" I pulled away from him and the look in his eye was practically daring me to answer his question.

"You were purring," Ryder walked into my room and threw me on the bed. I squealed as I bounced on my bed a few times before he joined me. He growled his deep and sexy growl once more before he put his head in the crook of my neck. I shivered from the pleasurable tingles I got and sighed as I hugged him. Ryder started to purr again, kissing my cheek every once in a while. I glanced out the window as I saw a bird land on my windowsill. I smiled and tried to get a better look at it, but Ryder had pushed me down on the bed. I laughed and kept trying to get up, but he kept pushing me back down. I groaned in annoyance and hissed at him. Ryder looked at me and growled.

"Did you just hiss at me?" Ryder was now on top of me and the aura he was letting off was telling me that he was the dominant one. I gasped and shivered as I felt his breath down my neck. 

"Maybe I did. What are you going to do about it?" Ryder growled once again and pinned my arms and legs to the bed. I felt my eyes go wide and I heard him chuckle.