Glacier

"Can you walk?" He asked, softly pressing his hands to both sides of her face to keep her focused

Janie shook her head and pointed down at her leg, which was bent at an unnatural angle.

"Sorry about this, ma'am," The man apologized, "I'll be as gentle as I can, I promise."

Heat. Red. The scent of scorched earth and metal filled Steve's nostrils. Pressure on his chest constricted his ragged breathing.

"You're back," Janie sighed, "And there are more flowers."

"Yes ma'am," Steve said awkwardly as he watched the door close behind him, "of course."

"You were gone," Janie stated, "You're like Edward from Twilight."

"I'm sorry," Steve began to unwrap the bouquet slowly, careful not to tear off any leaves or prick his fingers on the thorns, "I was very busy. Who's Edward?"

Steve's eyes shot open at once. A loud siren blared far away in the distance, waking him from a very vivid dream or memory. He wasn't sure, because his head throbbed, his brain painfully pounding inside his skull. Think, he told himself in frustration, use your damn head. What the hell happened?

A piece of rubble had fallen on his chest, constricting his lungs. Steve had to use his hands, which were covered in cuts and scrapes from the fall to push them off of him with a loud grunt. It fell to the soil with a crash and immediately crumbled into a million pieces, allowing him to finally take in a deep breath of hot, musty air. As he slowly lifted himself up off the dirt, flashing red lights flooded his retina. He squinted, grabbing his forehead with his hands. It was so damn bright, even in the darkness, he found himself although the alarm lights were quite far away. What the hell happened? Come on, think!

Thanos. The stones. Their colors appeared before Steve's eyes. Green, red, orange, blue, purple. Something was missing. Why can't I remember?

He looked around, allowing himself a second to breathe. The mushy walls that surrounded him didn't look anything like the crispy white walls of the compound, and the soft ground he was standing on looked and felt more like soil than the tile he'd been standing on moments ago. It was so damn dark down there, it completely disoriented him. The only thing that kept him grounded was gravity pulling him into the earth's core.

Vague images of time travel flashed before his eyes one by one. Going back to 2012, failing the mission because Loki got a hold of the tesseract when they weren't paying attention. Steve remembered he had to fight the 2012 version of himself because he got caught sneaking around the Stark tower. He remembered almost losing to his younger self.

We got the stones, he urged himself to remember, squeezing his eyes shut in an attempt to focus on regaining his memory. Nat's gone. Did we turn everything back?