17: The Villian

"Love is a beautiful kind of fear,
The one that keeps you awake at night,
The one that gets your mind all worked up,
And wven if you run away from it, it won't leave you,
It will follow you and haunt you
And you will silently be thankful for it...."

🌻🌻🌻

Two months had passed since Nikko's uncle passed away. And one thing had changed since then— Nikko would always stay around me. He wanted to spend 'as much time as possible' with me.
So here he was, at the NYC Boxing Academy, sitting in the corner of a room filled with men double his size punching and boxing with aggression which was way too intimidating for Nikko.
But Nikko still came with me anyways. I had my nationals in a week and Nikko wanted to support me so he came with me everyday and watched me as I practised.

~~~
ONE WEEK LATER...

The crowd hollered as I entered the ring. My eyes immidiately searched the crowd for Nikko. He sat on the very first row with a proud smile on his face. He mouthed the words 'I believe in you.' and in that moment I knew I was going to win this game.

I looked at my opponent who was bouncing impatiently waiting for the match to start.
As soon as the signal was given, he threw a few punches at me that I dodged skillfully. He tried to punch me in the face but I blocked it. I tried to punched him in the gut but he dodged it and kicked my calf which sent me to the ground.
From the corner of my eyes, I could see Nikko. His eyes were filled with fear and concern.
I had to win this fight for him.... and so I did.

By the end of the competition, I stood in the ring smiling at Nikko with a bloodied nose, a few broken ribs and a gold medal in my hand.

By the time I was done talking to the interviewers and my coach it had already been an hour. Thankfully Nikko waited patiently for me in the changing room.
As soon as I entered the changing room, Nikko attacked me with a hug.

"Congratulations Jujubear!" He said while kissing me all over my face.

But he pulled away as soon as he realized that I had a few broken ribs.
"Did I hurt you?"

"You could never hurt me baby." I replied as I sat on one of the benches with Nikko in my lap.

"It's time to celebrate!" He said removing a box of cupcakes. "I knew you would win so I baked these for you."

"Say Aaaa" he cooed as he brought the cupcake near my mouth but being the little notorius devil he was, he took the cupcake and put it in his mouth before I could eat it.

"You are evil." I said pouting.

"But you still love me. Here you can have another cupcake." he said motioning to the box.

"But I want that cupcake." I whined.

"But I ate it."

"Not really" I said pointing at the frosting left on the side of his lips.

Before he could argue, I leaned in and licked his lips before kissing him.

"You are so cheesy." He signed, blushing heavily.

I kissed him again and this timeI bite his bottom lip.

"This is what you get for stealing my cupcake." I said smirking.

Nikko kissed me again, with a lot of force I might add.

"And this is what you get for stealing my heart." Nikko said, reflecting my smirk.

As we began kissing again, we were interrupted as someone cleared their throat.

Matthew, my coach's assistant and my friend, stood there at the door.

"I'm sorry. I just came here to congratulate you. Looks like you're busy." He said but came inside the room anyways.

"Nick leave the room. I need to talk to Jullian." He said firmly.

"Sure." Nikko said before leaving the room hurt by Matthew's rudeness.

"What are you doing?" I asked him referring to his behaviour.

"What are you doing?" He asked me to which I just gave him a confused look.
But Matthew just gave a look as if he was waiting for me to realize my mistake.

"You came here to congratulate me right?" I asked him. I was clearly losing patience.

"I did. But then I saw you kissing that whore."

That was when I lost it.
"That is my boyfriend you are talking about."

He just scoffed. "Boyfriend? Since when did you become a fag?"

"That is none of your business." I scoffed.

Matthew signed before speaking again, "Jullian, I am your friend, aren't I? And as a friend I am giving you a piece of advice. Stay away from that boy."

"I like him too much.I can't leave him Matt. I can't hurt him."

"And it is okay to hurt me? To hurt your coach? Your family? What about your fans Jullian?"

"I am not hurting anyone." I argued.

"Yes you are. What will your fans say if they find out that you are gay? How will they react to your betrayal? You are going to dissapoint everyone. Today, the people who knew you as Jullian Walcott will only know you as that gay boxer. This is boxing we are taking about. All the companies that have been sponsoring for you will stop. No one wants a gay boxer."

"That's enough Matthew."

"If not yourself think about your father. That poor man, he has worked so hard to build up his reputation. You will ruin it for him. What will he do if he finds out his son is an abomination."

"I said STOP!" I almost begged him.

"The truth is always bitter Jullian. Did you ever find yourself attracted to other man? Did you? But Nick— "

"It's Nikko."

"That boy lulled you with his charms. You think you love him but trust me you don't. It's just an infactuation Jullian."
"God would—" Matthew was cut off by the knocking on the door.

I went over to the door and opened it to see Nikko standing there.

"Hey, your Dad called. He's taking us out for dinner. We should get going." Nikko said shyly.

"Taking us out?" I asked.

Nikko nodded and blushed even further.

He looked too cute so I kissed his cheecks and pulled him into my chest. All while making sure Matthew saw us.

Matthew's face twisted with disgust making me smirk.

But Mattew knew that he had a way with words. And even though I didn't believe him even a bit, but Matthew's words had me thinking.
What if he was right?

I wanted my love life to resemble a fairy tale. After all a villian was bound to enter my life.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Please don't kill me for this. I just wanted to add a bit of twist.

Anyways, do vote and comment if you liked the chapter( minus the Matthew part)