Two: Supper

Harry drove Draco and him to the Weasley house, Draco trying to balance the cake on his thighs while messing with the radio.

"And where is the WWN?"

Harry glanced at Draco. "It's a Muggle car. There is no WWN."

Draco pulled out his wand and tapped the stereo twice. Suddenly, there was a male voice saying, "--- was Hogwarts' last day of term. Be sure to give our graduates some love. Harry Potter graduated."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Yes, I did."

"And happy summer to everyone. Up next, the Weird Sisters!"

A melodic song started and Draco grinned. "The WWN needs a new host."

"One that doesn't have to include me in every other sentence."

Draco chortled and suggested, "Or one that plays lesser-known bands. Like the Hairy Men! Merlin, they're wonderful!"

"Hairy Men?" Harry laughed. "I've never heard of them."

"You've probably only ever heard of Celestina Warbeck and the Weird Sisters."

"I grew up with Muggles, " Harry reminded him. "I grew up listening to boy bands and Nirvana."

"What's a Nirvana? Sounds gross."

Harry laughed and patted Draco's arm. "They are."

Draco grinned, his dimple cutting into his cheek. Maybe it was just the way that Harry existed in the same space as him. Maybe it was how Harry made him smile. But he suddenly felt lighter somehow.

They arrived at the Burrow, both feeling a nervous buzz in their bellies. Draco, who held the platter with the cake, asked Harry to lead the way. Harry opened the front door after knocking twice and almost fell backwards into Draco when a strawberry-blonde headed girl yelled, very loudly, "THEY'RE HERE!"

Bill, who had just shown up, patted his daughter's head and said, "Yes, Dominique. Thank you. Run along, now." Bill added to Draco and Harry, "Sorry, she's excited. Fleur's in France for her sister and we told her you two were coming."

" 'S fine, " Harry said, stepping through the threshold. Draco followed obediently, not really looking around much, though he did see a clock with all of the Weasley's names, though Fred's was pointing to Home. Draco also noticed that Harry had a hand on the clock that was pointing to Home as well.

The house was cramped but cosy. It had a warm feeling of being lived in, a feeling he had never had at Malfoy Manor. Draco heard Bill say, "Mum, Harry and Draco are here!"

Mrs Weasley, who was bust at the stove, turned around and smiled warmly at Draco, who stopped dead in his tracks.

"Hello, dears."

"Hi, Mrs Weasley, " Harry said.

"Er, I brought a cake?" Draco said though it sounded like a question.

"Did you make it?" Molly asked.

Draco shook his head. "My house-elf did."

Across the den, Draco heard Ginny say, "Of course."

Harry didn't bat an eye but Draco muttered, "You don't have to take it. I'll just toss it---"

Molly shook her head, saying earnestly, "It's perfect, dear. I'll bet it's delicious."

The magic clock, Harry noticed, had George and Charlie's hands pointed to Work while Percy's was at Traveling.

"Where's Percy?" Harry asked.

Molly smiled, a twinkle in her eye. "He's off in Germany with a witch. Nice to see him get out."

Harry nodded as Draco stood awkwardly. He didn't really know what to do, surrounded by people he didn't know. Sure, he was with Harry, but he felt odd.

"Hey, mates, " Draco heard Ron say as he clapped their shoulders. "Oh, cake!"

He tried to reach for it but Draco smacked his hand away. "Don't you dare, Weasley. This took my house-elf a good hour and a half to make."

Ron grumbled under his breath as Ginny said, very rudely, mind you, "You couldn't even bother to make it yourself!"

Draco looked at her and stuttered nervously, not wanting to say the wrong thing, "I--er--don't know how to cook. I . . .never did it before."

"Oh, of course, you didn't. Everything was handed to you on a golden platter. You can't even---"

"Ginny, " Mrs Weasley snapped, giving her a glare. Draco deflated slightly. "Don't mind her, she's been in a bit of a mood."

Ginny stomped away and Draco quickly apologized. "I'm terribly sorry, Mrs Weasley."

Molly shook her head. "It's quite all right, Draco. Harry, why don't you and Draco help set up the table?"

"Sure, " Harry replied, grabbing a stack of napkins while Draco grabbed plates. "You're doing great if that helps any."

Draco shrugged as they stepped outside into the cool evening air. Victoire and Dominique were running around, chasing their father. Ginny and Ron were engaged in what seemed like a heated conversation, both gesticulating wildly. Mr Weasley must have been inside with his wife.

"It's just that---" Draco started, but he was quickly cut off by Victoire, who had suddenly crashed into him. Draco, not expecting the blow, dropped the plates and they all broke, causing large commotion and made Victoire scream. "I didn't---"

Draco and all of the frustration and uneasiness inside of him said to Bill, who had rushed over, holding his daughter tightly, "I'm, I'm so sorry. I didn't see her run---"

"It's fine, " Bill said quickly, walking to the table and setting his daughter down on a chair. Draco could feel his cheeks blazing as he pointed his wand at the plates, muttering a repairing charm.

Harry helped him after he set down the napkins. "Hey, don't worry, " Harry whispered sweetly. "She's fine, see?"

He was right; Victoire was now clambering all over Ron. Draco said nothing, but he set the plates on the table with caution.

Throughout supper, Draco didn't talk much. Harry, however, spoke directly to everyone. When he brought up how Draco and he had important news, his family was silent.

"Draco and I were offered a job together. Sort of, " he started, smiling broadly. "We and Neville were asked to come back to Hogwarts to become professors."

There was a collective round of applause, but it was quickly silenced by Ginny, who scoffed, "I think she's lost it, McGonagall has. Giving a Death Eater a job with students."

"He isn't a Death Eater, Ginny, " Harry said through clenched teeth.

Ginny shook her head. "Doesn't change the fact that he had the Dark Mark. Gave the famous Harry Potter a love potion to gain his trust---"

Harry interjected, "This again? I thought I made it very clear that he hasn't given me a love potion."

Ginny glared at him.

Draco cleared his throat and said, "Ginny, I haven't given Harry anything. He's acting on his own free will."

At that, Ginny grew silent. Harry continued, "I'm going to be the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor."

"And I'll be the Potions professor. And the head of Slytherin."

"McGonagall gave me the title as head of Gryffindor."

Draco laughed softly. "Only because you're Harry Potter."

Harry laughed.

Draco was much more comfortable now. He felt a weight in his chest as he thought, I need to have him forever.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!