Lullaby's Heart {II}

Here goes the continuation.

Happy reading loves!
❤️🌻

.
❣️
.

I giggled. "You have a cute name. It suits you well."

From anyone else those words would have sounded like an insult, but from my lips it made his name sound like, it was the most perfect name in the world. From me, those words were compliment.

"T-Thank you."

He shook his head, as of to return to his angry self.

"You're my servant, now. You are to personally serve me. It is the agreement your father and I agreed upon."

I blinked, "What?"

"Your service for his life, that was the deal."

"Is my father okay?" was my first question.

"Yes. Now that his end of the deal is sealed. I released him, completing the agreement."

"May I see him? Just for a minute or two? Please?"

I asked, but didn't beg. Kongpob was mightily confused by me. How could I say the same words as others, but deliver such a different meaning?

Did I not care that my father gave me up for his own life? He wondered. It was a selfish act, indeed, but I didn't seem to care. I only cared for his safety, for which, in Kongpob's eyes, my father didn't deserve.

"Yes. But I will supervise. You!" he suddenly pointed towards a guard, "being the merchant here. Tell him his son would like to see him."

The guard muttered a 'yes' before scurrying off.

Kongpob tightly gripped my wrist and pulled me back to the golden chair. The golden throne should I say. He released my wrist and took a seat, making me stand as I waited for my father.

When I heard footsteps, my eyes glistened with happiness.

"They're coming!" I nearly shouted and began bouncing in place.

Amused by such childish behaviour, Kongpob watched me with a smirk. This would be fun he thought.

"Your highness, the merchant refused to see his heir. He took all of his belongings and left. He said the deal was done, so he has the right to leave."

I froze at the place. I understand my father would have felt guilty and that's why it would have hurt for him to face me.

The king's gaze fell upon my sad face. He rushed and grabbed my hands to bring me towards the garden and showed me an incredible sight of his red rose garden. My favourite!

💕💕💕

Not a day went by without my smile. Or my song. Everyday, my precious voice would float down the long halls.

"My little sunshine," I sung boldly.
"My perfect light,
You're my world
The air I need to breathe
The waters in the sea
The blue in my sky
And the sparkle in my eye.
I love you, dear. I love you so,"  I sang delivering the kings food.

"With you, the days are of a bliss.
Shadows nowhere near.
Without you, light is gone,
Swallowed in misery," I sang, tending the huge garden with the gardeners.

"My little sunshine,
My perfect light,
You're my world
The air I need to breathe
The waters in the sea
The blue in my sky
And the sparkle in my eye.
I love you, dear. I love you so," I always sang.