2: Dead Prince Walking

The morning sun rose over the kingdom of Ralun, and the dew that covered flora and fauna slowly turned into fog. There was a dark atmosphere looming around the royal palace. The nobles and servants looked dejected. The king himself was in a wrathful state. One second away from mass slaughter. And the queen kept to herself in her quarters.

Today would be the passing ceremony of the kingdom's fourth prince, two days ago he died of unknown reasons. Surely suspicion arose within the circles of nobles, but there were neither traces of poison nor any ill magic to be found within the fallen prince. There was no way to give any reason to the prince's death toward the royal family. Seemingly, the twelve-year-old prince had died of natural causes.

In another place within the royal court, someone just awoke. The moment he did, he was gasping for air. He tried to move but there was not enough room to do so. He was trapped in what seemed to be a wooden case, and the air was thin in his dark confinement. There was a hoarse "Is that..a..." to be heard inside it, "If that's not one hell of a way to be reborn, in a damned coffin!!!" The person inside thought to himself half sarcastically, half angered as the rage inside him kept swelling up. Simultaneously, something dark rose within him, oozing its way outside.

In just minutes, as the darkness and rage inside of him continuously rose, the pressure shook the wooden planks and pulled on its nail. Piece by piece tearing the wood on the coffin apart.

Once disintegrated, he could move once again but getting used to this worn out and formerly dead body, took a bit of time. What unveiled before his eyes, was the picture of what seemed to be some kind of medieval mortuary.

"What the heck is going on here? Didn't that god say something about a fetus that should have been prepared for me?" He thought.

He left the stench of death behind and exited the room. There he stood, butt-naked with the first whiff of fresh air under his nose, in some hall without any sense of where he actually was. He saw people moving around frantically in the not so far off distance.

"What's going on?" He thought to himself, with the urge to see what all the commotion was for. Knowing little of the fact that the servants of the palace had to work ardently to prepare the prince's passing ceremony. His own actual passing ceremony.

As he made his way toward the people, a young servant girl turned around the corner walking his way. He was just about to smile as the girl spotted him, dropped the garments she carried and screamed "Whaaaa pervert! Pervert in the halls!"

Within just a moment's time, people came and circled him like he was some kind of scoundrel. This just added shock and insult to his confusion.

In his weakened state, and the darkness still looming inside of him, the anger rose once again. Slowly, killing intent started to seep out toward the crowd as an old man within it muttered.

"You-Young Prince?! How is this possible?"

This old man was one of the oldest servants and knew the royal family well, thus he also saw the young prince while he was still alive.

Naturally, his words caused quite the ruckus within the crowd.

Still, our now apparently young prince was already a little angered. "Prince huh? Who are you?" He said through gritted teeth and a sharp light flashing through his eyes.

The old man felt as if a sword was hanging above his neck as cold sweat rolled down his back.

But he centered himself and said.

"I'm Bram, one of the oldest servants within this wing of the royal court your highness."

As he answered, the young prince was looking at the clothes the girl dropped.