Chapter 5 - Broken Doll

"Late home, no dinner on the table, running away. Oh, my little girl, you know as well as I do that you deserve this." A familiar voice whispered as I felt a cold hand trace up and down my cheek menacingly. It made me shudder involuntarily.

I shivered from the touch, blinking on repeat as I tried to recognise where I was. Where was I?

Before I could even comprehend what happened, I felt a sharp blow to my face which sent me stumbling back onto the kitchen floor.

This wasn't my brother's kitchen though, this was, this my old house. How did I get here?

Dominic. He was standing above me. I should have known. He was back and he was punishing me for leaving him.

I was in such a trance that I didn't even comprehend the fact that he had died and he couldn't get me. All I was focussed on was the terrifying anticipation of what was to come.

He crouched down next to me with a sickening grin on his face. "Nothing to say?" When I was in too much shock to reply, he continued, "I prefer it better that way." He smirked.

I tried to speak, I tried to yell, I tried to cry but I was frozen on the spot. He was meant to be... dead.

He stood back up, towering over me, before swinging his foot back and launching it at my ribs. Suddenly, my voice came back and I screamed out from the sudden pain.

That didn't affect him. Not once. He articulated his pure hate towards me though every punch and kick that landed on my already battered body.

How could I have been so foolish to believe I was safe from the devil. He would always be there to remind me of how worthless I was. How I single-handedly killed the one woman in my life who meant everything to me.

After the first half-hour, my body was convulsing in agony on my bedroom floor. The bedroom? How did I get here? I can't remember.

"You worthless, murdering little brat." Dominic snarled repeatedly continuing his assault on my ribs with no remorse.

He suddenly picked me up roughly and threw me onto the bed. Before I could even understand what was happening he had my hands handcuffed to the bedpost with his belt. A sick smirk plastered on his face.

"I'm going to enjoy this." He taunted. "Sadly, I don't think you are."

I was tragically used to that smirk, this position, his taunts.

"What a shame your Mother isn't here to watch what a slut her little girl has become." He laughed bitterly.

I shut my eyes and tried to drown out the next hour of hell. I started focussing on the pain in my ribs, I wanted to feel the pain in my ribs. To distract me. Anything to distract me.

But not even broken ribs could distract me from what Dominic was doing.

I found myself begging and crying for forgiveness: Forgiveness for coming home late. Forgiveness for not making dinner. Forgiveness for running away from him. Forgiveness for killing Mum and getting in the car that torturous day.

"Please Dominic, STOP! No! I can't take it anymore! I'm sorry!" I cried.

He didn't listen. He kept on hurting and violating me. When I heard the sound of his trouser zipper being pulled down, my eyes shot open.

I met his eyes and saw the most twisted smirk on his face as the realisation dawned on me.

The realisation dawned on what he was going to take from me.

He showed no remorse in his eyes. Pure hate and fury. They weren't strong enough words to describe his desire to see me in pain.

I couldn't let him do this. I stopped fighting him months ago but this was different. He was about to take away my innocence, the one thing I should have complete control over.