26. Sarah

She was still groaning, gritting her teeth in pain. She whined her thigh hurts so much that she couldn't roll on her right side.

I had to decrease the temperature in the room because Alex was sweating heavily. She said she was feeling hot although the room was so fucking cold already. I had to wrap her head and her neck with cold towels.

After the fifth time she has woken up throughout the night, she finally falls into a deep sleep though there is already light outside.

I just don't know why my heart aches seeing her like this. I mean, she acts so fine during the day. She dealt with the pain so good that I couldn't see if she's really in pain. She hides it really good.

But when it comes to the nights, all those are gone. She turns very vulnerable when she sleeps.

I carve a smile, looking at her sleeping so safe and sound in my arms. I'm glad that I could stop the pain for a little while and making her to sleep like this though I didn't get much rest myself.

Though I love Alex so much in different way, but I take good care of her, like my own daughter.

It's a good thing that Alex and I don't have to get early due to her injuries. We just need to stay inside. Cara and Carmen are having their last training today before we depart back to home.

Yes, we're going back today.

I didn't expect us to be back this soon.

I caress Alex's forehead,making her moves slightly. 

*** 

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" I ask when she's carrying her bags on her shoulders. "Do you need help with that? Because you're still handicapped."

Alex shakes her head and smiles, still carrying the bags.

"The last time I remember, you still need my help walking you down the stairs." I smirk, crossing my arms.

Alex looks at me for few seconds and she drops the bags on the floor. "Fine." I am given rolled eyes.

I laugh. I walk closer to her, cupping her defined jaw with my hands. "Why are you so stubborn, baby?"

I take a good look on her and I notice something on her neck. I smile when she stares at me like that.

"Lift your head up," I say. "And let me get this covered." I grab my makeups from the small pouch and I start to apply some concealer, slowly covering the hickeys on her skin.

"You love to eat me alive, don't you Sarah?" she eyes me, smiling. "You couldn't just leave me cleaned and cleared."

I laugh, remembering the last night I did her.

Don't think further though. We didn't have sex since she's still sick. We were just kissing. An intense kissing that I ended up eating her till she fell asleep.

Alex wanted us to have it but I refused because I knew she was still hurting. That made her a little bit sad last night. That was why I only ate her to make it up.

"Besides, why are you rushing?" I mutter. "Cara hasn't done her training yet. And so the chopper wouldn't be here in two hours."

"Two hours? Really?" She scoffs. The face she makes, I just laugh at her.

I told her many times already that the chopper's gonna be here in two hours but she's just not listening. I smile wider when she keeps her eyes on me while I do her skin. I love it when she does that. She knows how to make her eyes prettier.