𝕊𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘

Sinking

By: Ida

          It felt like I was floating in ecstasy. Just floating through the air with nothing stopping me. I knew this dream-like state wasn't reality, but it was nice to imagine. I quickly snapped out of my dream-like state when I heard a loud noise. The place I was in was dark and it smelled like chlorine. Suddenly a bright light flipped on. I looked around me. I was tied to a chair, and the chair was tied to a rafter. Around my foot was a shackle and attached to that was a big stone. I looked down and saw that I was hanging above a pool. I screamed. The chair dropped down a foot. That made me stop screaming. The chair slowly started dropping again. I screamed "NO! STOP! LET ME GO!", but nobody replied. I was so close to the water that I could see the bottom of the pool. Its floor was littered with garbage ad dead insects. I looked closer and realized that there were human body parts scattered every. I shrieked. Everything was still. The I was submerged in the water. I tried to swim but my hands were tied. I felt something poking me on my back. I reached for the thing but was met with a dull sting. 'A knife!' I thought. I reached out for the knife again. I grabbed it but, in the process, I cut a big slit across the palm of my hand. It was bleeding badly. My shaking hands slowly cut through the rope tying my hands together. My arms sprung lose and quickly worked at cutting through the rope tying my feet together. Once I had cut through the rope, I tried to swim but, something was pulling me down. 'The rock!" I thought. I tried prying off the shackle, but it wouldn't come off. I kept on sinking and sinking. My limbs were too sore to try to swim. I kept on getting closer to the floor off the pool, closer to my death. My vision was starting to fade. Right before everything went completely black, I saw a figure standing on the edge of the pool. Looking down on me and smiling.