Adonis

I close my locker and head to class, grabbing Selena's hand, "Want to hang out later?"

"Sure" she smiles, shaking her long dark hair off her shoulder, "I'll text my parents to let them know"

"Awesome" I smile, "I will see you after class?"

"Of course" she plants a small kiss on my cheek, "See you then"

We let go of each other's hands and she heads to her history class while I head to biology. I hate this class.

"Mr. Royal, nice of you to join us" Ms. Kline smiles as I enter the room, knowing she's my my least favorite teacher in high school.

"Hey" I give her a small wave as I sit down in my seat, putting my book down on my desk. I really hate that fact that Ms. Kline was my sisters' teacher for high school, because she makes it a point every day to single me out in class. I'm doing a little better than what Queen did in her high school biology class, but not even close to Simone's grades. I'm sort of at the in-between stage for them both. I'm neither bad nor good at this class. 

When class ends, I meet up with Selena at the parking lot next to the bus stop that takes us home.

"Hey" I kiss her on the cheek, "How was classes?"

"Boring, per usual" She smiles, grabbing my hand in hers, "Are your parents okay with us hanging out at your place before heading to the movies?"

"They're okay with it" I nod, "I just have to make sure I don't get you back late so you can do your homework"

"Just me?" She raises an eyebrow, " Don't you have homework too?"

"No" I shake my head, "I did it all in class" 

"Lucky" She laughs as the bus finally pulls up in front of us. We check in with the bus driver then head to the back of the bus to sit down. I allow Selena to sit down next to the window, mainly because I know she prefers it, and I sit down next to her

"I just hate having homework" I shrug, "I will help you with yours if you need it"

"Is that what the kids call it these days?" She winks at me, laughing, "I will definitely start on some now so I don't have a lot later"

"Okay" I nod, "Let's see this homework of yours"

By the time we get to my house, I've helped her complete her Algebra II homework and a little bit of her biology homework. I notice Queen's car is parked in the driveway, and it worries me a little that Selena is here to actually meet her. We enter my house and my mom greets us at the door with a huge smile on her face

"Hello Selena!" 

"Hello Mrs. Royal" Selena smiles, taking her shoes off at the door, "How are you today?"

"Great!" My mom smiles at her, "Your sister is here with Anissa, Adonis"

"I saw her car parked out front" I nod, "Are they in the kitchen?"

"Yes, they are helping me get some stuff done for that fundraiser I'm hosting at the church this weekend" My mom tells me, leading us to the kitchen, "Since the accident, they've been at home just bored out of their minds!"

"Hey Adonis!" Queen smiles, looking over to see Selena enter the kitchen behind me, "Oh, hello"

"Hi" Selena waves at my sister, giving her a small smile

"Queen, this is Selena" I wave toward Selena, "Selena, this is Queen and her girlfriend Anissa"

"Hello" Anissa smiles, waving to Selena, "Nice to meet you"