Chapter 26-Sharing a Bath with the Enemy

After tending to Wei Xing's wounds, Xiu Xiang thought it was a good idea to jump into the secret hot spring behind her study for a while. She was covered in grime and blood after killing so many demon beasts in that misty forest.

"Getting to that Cave of Inheritance is going to be tougher than I thought," Xiu Xiang mumbled as she swam to the middle of the hot spring. She was so close to getting through the forest until Wei Xing interfered.

Ugh, would this two forever haunt me in my quest for a life of wealth and peace?

This thought had only crossed her mind when she sensed someone behind her. The intruder hadn't noticed that she realized his presence, or maybe that person just didn't care. Either way, Xiu Xiang wasn't so forgiving on peeping toms. She's had enough of that in her past life when she went to bathhouses.

She lifted her hand up from under the water and snapped her fingers. A flame erupted where the intruder was but she felt that the fire had missed.

Just who was this person that had snuck into her private bath?

What she didn't realize was that Wei Xing had been so entranced by her naked body that he barely escaped her fire attack. The fire had singed the hem of his clothes and even with him patting it down, it wouldn't die, but that was only because, Xiu Xiang's fire wasn't normal fire. It was the fire of a phoenix and can only be killed if Xiu Xiang wishes it or if he had magical water properties like the hot spring that Xiu Xiang was soaking in at the moment.

He didn't think twice as he jumped straight into the hot spring. In the same moment when he jumped, Xiu Xiang had turned around. The two pair of eyes met, one showing shock, the other horror.

Wei Xing fell with a splash, water spraying everywhere.

She barely had time to raise her arm to shield her eyes from the water droplets. As soon as her arm shielded her face, she heard the impeding doom that was quickly barreling down on her. A group of female guards came rushing down a different pathway with weapons drawn.

Ever since she suppressed those arrogant old farts who called themselves elders, Xiu Xiang worked hard to keep up the image of a dignified lord. She worked extremely hard despite her complaints. The harem left behind by the Demon King, she didn't even bother with. Not that she ever will. She wasn't that kind of person. Call her old fashioned but she believed in true love. If anyone saw the situation she was in now, wouldn't that image that she had worked so hard on shatter before her eyes?

Just as Wei Xing came out to breathe in air, Xiu Xiang slammed her hand down on his head and shoved him back into the murky hot spring water. At the same time, a group consisting of seven female guards rushed in from a different pathway that Wei Xing had taken.

"Are you alright, my lord? We sensed your killing aura and thought you were in trouble," said the captain of the guard.

"I'm fine. A snake made its way into my bath, so I got rid of it," Xiu Xiang told her.

"A snake? A low-level demon like that dared to enter my lord's bath?!" the captain looked alarmed. She looked like she couldn't believe something slipped past her guard. All the guards fell to one knee with their hands clasped in front of them and their heads hung low.

"We've failed you, my lord!" they all shouted at the same time.

These seven guards were especially handpicked by Xiu Xiang from her harem. They were especially loyal because Xiu Xiang had saved them the torture of becoming toys within the harem, but the real reason why she had taken them out of the harem was because she saw just how skilled each of them really were.