Chapter 5

I woke up on one of those Saturday mornings where I felt too lazy to wake up. Taking into consideration I had been sleeping for more than ten hours minus the three hours I slept yesterday afternoon before my mother woke me up to eat, I still felt sleepy.

With my emotional status gravitating towards depression, sleeping was turning into an addictive remedy; temporary haven that stops the moment you stop consuming it.

With my parents around, it meant I had no chance of going out today, and I would probably be stuck in my room dying of boredom. Even if they were not around; I'm not allowed to go out of the house.

'You can't keep up with this teenage lifestyle baby,' my mother always says.

I climbed off my bed and reluctantly walked to my bathroom. I took off my pyjamas and leisurely took a shower while singing along to my favourite song, which you already know. I got out some minutes later, next stop being the basin to brush my teeth. I climbed onto my stool so that I could reach the mirror while brushing my teeth.

My wet blonde hair flowing down my back, with my ocean blue eyes seeming clear and bright. Pale skin or not; I didn't have time to
worry about my facial features when life already sucked.

Did I need to lose weight? I scanned my body.

As a little person, you have to maintain a certain weight because your short limbs can only take so much. If it weren't for my mother, who constantly monitored my diet, I would probably be suffering from eating disorders right now.

Suddenly feeling downhearted, I dried my hair with a towel, and I got out of the bathroom and wore simple shorts and a shirt that I got from my closet. For the go, I reached out under my bed and opened my secret stash of snacks. I took out the last packet of Doritos.

I needed a fill-up ASAP, so texted my supplier, also known as my best friend.

Me: I need more stuff by Monday. Your delivery has been sluggish lately, I think I'm about to change my supplier.

She must have been sleeping, so I switched off my phone, and then I crept out of my room.

Creeping why?

Because my parents were probably awake and waiting for me downstairs for breakfast.

I did not feel hungry, so I made my way to one of my brother's room, which was a little further from mine but still on the same floor. The moment I got in safely, I quietly closed the door and released my breath. I obviously should not be in here right now.

Looking around the neatly packed room and then spotting the large screen TV with stacks of CDs for my brother's Xbox console next to it, my mood suddenly lifted to the seventh heaven.

I'm sorry, brother, but these games are about to get raided!

I got comfortable sitting down on the edge of the bed while munching on my Doritos. I was about to connect the video game to the TV when I heard my dad calling me from outside.

Ah, oh.

I think he had just gotten out of my room because I could hear footsteps heading towards my brother's room, where I was. By spontaneous effect, I shot up to the edge of other side of the bed, which was not visible from the door and quietly laid down on the floor. I have an issue of not planning my businesses well.

First knock... second knock... third knock... and he was in.

How did he know I was here?
I should have locked that door!

"Camilla, you in there?" My dad called out.
  Silence...don't move. Don't breathe...
"Camilla?"

He was now in the room, footsteps getting closer to where I was. I leaned up a little to check my coast, then...came the squishing, cracking sound of the Doritos that I crashed on with my elbow.