22

Levi's been trying to ignore me for the past few days. Every time I attempted to visit him in his office, he would bluntly dismiss me, not wanting to see my presence. After what Viktor did to me, he would not forgive me or him so easily. He only did it because he knew how important I was to Levi and I was lost for words. I wanted to explain everything to Levi and that our relationship has no chemistry, but I doubt he would believe my words. Erwin had sent Levi and I to investigate further on the titan cult and we couldn't refuse either. Levi had no intention to speak with me and it felt like a dagger was stuck in my heart. The person I trust the most won't even give me a chance to speak the truth.

In Trost District, Levi and I make our way to a bar down a narrow street. The owner of the bar is aware of the uprising of the titan cult and Erwin had sent us to interrogate for this mission. Weirdly, the Military Police are not involved in this case. Is it because they did not take this case seriously or are they just unaware of the titan cult? Makes sense since this cult is within Wall Rose and has nothing to do with the royal government.

"The bar is closed." I notice the sign hanging on the wooden door, wondering why it is closed in the afternoon.

"That's because the owner is expecting us." Levi finally spoke for once and my heart was a bit relieved, but he still hasn't forgiven me yet. Levi knocks twice, hoping somebody would answer or else he would be pissed if we came here for nothing. Finally, the door swings open as the bell chimes above it.

Looking forward, we were met with a lady wearing a long red dress with a slit that exposed her right leg and a low-cut neck to show off her cleavage. In her right hand, she was twirling a long cigarette holder between her two fingers and gently blew the smoke toward our faces.

"Ah, the Survey Corps," she asked in a quite sassy tone and I nearly coughed at the smoke but held it in.

"I'm Captain Levi, and this is my squad member Sina. We are sent here to interrogate you concerning the titan cult."

"Ah, yes. Please come in and have a drink with me." she flirted, batting her eyelashes before guiding us into the bar and the lady closed the door behind us.

"My name is Esma just in case you didn't know." she simply introduced her name to us. "I assume Commander Erwin Smith had sent you two here."

"Yes," I answered her. "I hope you don't mind answering a few questions from us..."

"I would love to talk with the Survey Corps." she giggled, then dragged us to a table so Levi and I could take a seat, but Levi would rather stand up.

"Oh? Are you not tired from a long walk here?" Esma blinked at Levi with a flirty tone in her voice and he remained standing.

"I'm fine. We're only here for a short amount of time anyway."

"Oh please, make yourself comfortable." she giggled, then brought over a bottle of beer and a few cups. Esma poured me a glass and Levi as well before taking a seat in front of me, then crossed her legs together. "Okay, where shall we start?"

"From the very beginning." Levi holds the glass to his lips and takes a small sip, then swallows. "What do you know about the titan cult?"

Esma somehow is attracted to his personality and I sit there awkwardly taking a sip of the alcohol, but then I remember I don't drink and hate the taste of beer. Levi's liquor tolerance is not bad and more specifically, he does not get drunk.

Esma pulls the glass away from her lips to reply. "After learning about the brutal murder of the Survey Corps and Garrisons within the walls, I was well aware that it was the titan cult's doing."

Levi raised a brow, wanting her to continue. "And?"

"And the leader who runs the titan cult is my ex-husband."