chapter • nine

🔥

CHAPTER NINEOUT  OF  THE  PAST

CHAPTER NINE
OUT  OF  THE  PAST

Early  in the following morning, Tenzin was awoken by the sound of his nightstand phone ringing and his son trying to pick it up. He takes it from Meelo's grabby hands and answers. "Councilman Tenzin here." The voice on the other side responds, sounding urgent. "Councilman Tenzin, there has been an attack at City Hall. Avatar Korra has been abducted." "What? I'm coming as soon as possible. Thank you, Chief Saikon." He hangs up and looks over his shoulder at Pema, who was watching him with worried eyes.

"What is going on, Tenzin?" He releases a deep sigh. "Korra's been taken. I need to go to City Hall immediately." She nods. "I understand." As the airbender was moving to their closet to dress himself, she sits up in bed. "Warn Daiyin about this matter. She will want to know and probably go with you." Tenzin shakes his head as he wraps his cloak around his shoulders. "Lord Zuko wouldn't allow it. He was very firm with her yesterday. She needs to regain her full health and strength before he will go back to the Fire Nation."

Pema rolls her eyes. Clearly her husband didn't yet understand the power of teenagers. "We both know that one look from her pretty eyes will melt the Fire Lord's order away. If she wants to go and is remotely recovered, there is no stopping her from going." The airbender had to agree with his wife's statement. The princess can be really persuasive and everyone who knows the Fire Lord knows that he has a weakness for his family. 

"Well then, then she will come with me."

The  two benders arrive at the City Hall, which was almost in ruins by the attack. An Equalist glove was left there, maybe as an indication of who did this, and Chief Saikon was questioning Councilman Tarrlok, who was being healed by a waterbender at the same time. Daiyin and Tenzin walk up to him. He told them how Korra came to his office about her imprisoned friends when the Equalists attacked, elektrocuted him and took her.

While the police search for Korra, the broadcasters were already spreading the news over radio. Lin Beifong happened to hear it and was done with wallowing away in her bed from the pain in her arm. It was time to do something. She puts her armour back on and goes to the prison where she would bust the Avatar's friends out and tell them what happened.

Tenzin and Daiyin had returned to Airtemple Island, where the first was making phonecalls while the latter was seated close to him and reading a book on firebending techniques. About an hour later they had uninvited guests, them being Beifong, Mako, Bolin and Asami. "And here I had hoped to go one day without you," she sighs. Mako runs up to her in happiness, pulls her out of her chair and hugs her. "I'm so-I mean.. uhm.. we are so glad that you are fine." His pale complexion was heating up, especially when he realised that Asami, his girlfriend, was in the same room.