来访兰陵

Visiting Lanling

Three years had pass, Mingxia is now 5 years old. Time flew by very quickly. From Xichen's point of view, Mingxia went from a fragile little baby to a cheerful little child. As Mingxia grew, she became more energetic. After her own session of reading and writing, she would go and observe at Lan Wangji's swordsmanship class who had been teaching for the pass years after his confinement.

Today is Mingxia's birthday appointed by Lan Xichen. It was the day Lan Xichen found her 5 years ago. Old Lan gifted Mingxia a set of fine brush and books, Wangji gifted his niece a box of dried peaches. Xichen gifted his beloved daughter a handmade protection seal in a cute blue sachet and a hairpin carved from sandalwood, decorated with blue gems that's shaped into orchids and thin silver chains dangling at one end.

Mingxia was more than happy to receive all these gifts. To make her day better, Lan Xichen had promised to take her to Lanling tomorrow. The monthly meeting at Lanling is held every month and this month, Xichen had decided to take Mingxia with him. Mingxia slept exactly at 9 and woke up earlier than she usually does out of excitement. She's really happy to travel somewhere out of Gusu. Old Lan had to make sure Mingxia had enough things since Xichen usually stays there for a minimum of 3 days and maximum 5. It's as broad as the daylight that Old Lan really cares for the little girl. Xichen and Mingxia took off with a few senior disciples. They arrived less than a day by carriage, horses and some on foot.

Upon their arrival, they are greeted by Jin Guangyao, formerly known as Mengyao. One of Xichen's sworn brother along with Nie Mingjue. He gifted Mingxia a golden sachet made from the finest silks and embroidered with fine threads sewed into Peonies along with some gems. Jin Guangyao even told Mingxia to address him as (小叔) Xiao Shu [small uncle]. Mingxia politely thanked Guangyao with a bright smile and agreed to the title for Guangyao.

The meeting starts tomorrow so the father and daughter has the whole evening to walk around Lanling's town. Xichen even asked Guangyao wether he'd like to be the tour guide and Guangyao agreed. Guangyao took them to the market first, where many different stalls are selling items ranging from foods to magic tools. The little girl was fascinated at the size of the market. Everything is on a whole other level compared to the market at Caiyi Town.

When they arrived at the parts where there are stores instead of stalls, Mingxia immediately ran into one that caught her eye. It's a pet shop. Xichen and Guangyao had to speed walk to catch up with the bundle of excitement. The shop owner greeted the two named people who's eyes immediately fell on the little girl crouching down in front of a water tank that has two pinkish red dragon fish (or known as Asian Arowana) . Clear spiritual energy emits strongly around the two fish.

"Zewu-Jun and Lianfang-Jun. This is a pair of dragon fish both are the product of two pairs of our other dragon fish. Both of them hatched on the same day and their color matches each other. After putting them together, their spiritual energy enhanced! What a once in a blue moon kind of thing! It is said that not only it will bring abundance but it will also bring true love." The shop owner explained with exaggerated tone but what he said seems believable.

Guangyao turned to the shop owner and asked "May we know the price for both the dragon fish?" The price named was quite expensive because the shop owner also included the specific product that the fish eats and the stones to put with the fish to preserve their energy purity although money was never the problem for the two. "Do you like them Ah-Chun?" Xichen asked his daughter. Mingxia placed her finger near the glass of the tank, the fishes noticed and starts to swim happily. "Look! The pair even acknowledge her as their owner!" Exclaim the shop owner. Mingxia let out a giggle and nodded. "Yes father, I like them but..." Mingxia sighed before continuing "Cloud Recesses forbid pets." Although there's a Koi fish pond outside of the Orchid Hall, Mingxia had never dared to question it. Mingxia hope that fish could be an exception because she really took a liking towards the pair of dragon fishes.

Xichen chuckled, "It's fine. We can build a small pond near your window and let them live there." Mingxia's eyes twinkled in happiness. "Thank you father." Mingxia smiled and gave Xichen a short hug. Guangyao who's watching just smiled at the duo.

"Second brother, may I know when is her birthday?" Xichen stood up and answered "It was yesterday." "Great! Let this be my gift for her." Guangyao look down at the who's hugging her father's leg. "Ah-Yao, but it's really expensive." Guangyao shook his head "If it makes Second Brother feel any better, I'll pay for the fishes and you could pay for its things. How does that sound?" Xichen nodded in agreement "Alright then." Mingxia heard the conversation and she politely thanked Guangyao. "Thank you Xiao Shu. I promise to take care of them!" Mingxia chirped. "Then please let us have the pair of dragon fish and its supplies." Guangyao told the shop owner and the shop owner wasted no time and start packing up the things they bought.

The three spend some more time before going back to Carp Tower to attend a dinner held for the gathering Sect Leaders.