Chapter 11

Chapter 11

They headed for open space.

"Hey I didn't catch your name," Padme asked.

"I'm Rey," She introduced herself with a smile.

"That's pretty, I'm Padme," She complimented. Rey hadn't given her last name, so she assumed they were on casual terms. Rey cruised off the planet.

The two occupants in the cockpit quickly unbuckled when they left the atmosphere. They ran to meet Finn in the corridor. Immediately, the room blew up in congratulations.

"Good shooting!"

"Thanks!"

"That was insane!"

"I know!"

"That was some flying!"

"How did you-"

"I've flown some ships but-"

"That was awesome!"

"Never left the planet!"

"No one trained you?"

"Your last shot was dead on."

"Yeah, you got him with one blast!"

"You guys set me up with it!"

"That was -" All three said together.

"- Perfect!" Finn ended.

"- Pretty good!" The girl said.

"- Impressive!" Padme said. "Poe would have liked you," She said, turning to Rey. "I'm gonna go to find some bandages, I got hit earlier," Finn's eyes widened when she said that

"Are you okay? What happened?" He jumped to look at the shoulder she was now clutching.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just grazed me," She blinked. "Maybe a couple of times," She said, walking away to the medical bay. She knew her way around the falcon, this must have been the hundredth time she had been on board. Though it was the first time her uncle wasn't with her.

She made her way to the bay, finding old rooms she realized were missing items in. When she arrived at the med bay, she changed into a large shirt she had found that would give her access to her wound. She grabbed the bandages and the sterilizing wipes. She sat down in the bed and cleaned her shoulder, wrapping a bandage afterward.

When she was finished with that, she made her way back to her new friends, stopping at different rooms to check on their state. Some hadn't changed, but some had been gutted. Valuables were gone from one bedroom in specific. She remembered the day they packed up Ben's room 6 years earlier.

They hadn't been able to even look in his room. It had been nearly a month since he had disappeared. Padme had just pulled herself out of a slump, but her uncle and aunt hadn't quite recovered yet. She knew her aunt would try to hide it, but she was hurting a lot. She didn't need to be a Jedi to know it, which was good because, after the incident, she stopped using the force for anything. She was too afraid.

That day, she had been talking to one of the pilots about strategies. She was trying to learn to be a pilot. Growing up, Han had let her go rounds with the falcon.

"Padme," He said, coming up behind her. She turned to see him and his wife standing with boxes. "We are going to pack up his things. Do you want to help?" She was shocked.

"Are you sure?" She asked. She didn't think that was going to be the best thing for them, all things considered.

"Yeah," Han assured. Padme knew it would be hard, but it would help them heal.