15 ⚔️ Unanswered Question

When morning arrived, Zhijian rolled over in his bed. In his sleepy state, his hand reached out to the spot right next to him, only to find it cold and empty. His eyes flew open and he shot up in bed, realising that Zhixuan had disappeared.

Unbelievable! That little rascal was doing it once again.

Despite several warnings, he had gone back there.

If Zhijian were to ever get his hands on him, he would manhandle the boy back to his room and threaten to hide his precious toys if he refused to heed his words again.

Zhijian put on his clothes and hurried out of his room. Stalking down the hallway, he wasted no time throwing the doors open to the Demoness's room.

When his searching eyes landed on his target, his jaw tightened. He rolled up his sleeves and placed his hands on his hips, watching as Zhixuan prattled on about his school life animatedly to the girl beside him, who was nodding her head and listening intently to every single word that he was saying.

He found it hard to believe that his brother was speaking casually to the infamous Demoness of all times. But what was even more ridiculous, was the fact they were getting along so well that anybody would easily mistaken them as siblings.

Bai Xiaoyu...

Zhijian's eyes shifted to her. Before he realised, his breath hitched in his throat.

Never had he seen the Demoness look so...relaxed. The dark shadows haunting those mysterious hazelnut eyes of hers had vanished, allowing him to glimpse a hint of a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

He seemed to be viewing a completely different side of the Demoness; her guard was lowered and her emotions weren't all over the place. She was looking a lot more comfortable than before – thanks to the chatterbox that was hovering by her side. He realised then that she was capable of expressing herself in more ways than anybody thought.

At this moment, she was simply looking like a normal girl.

The sight that he was witnessing was starting to convince him that she might not have done those evil deeds that everyone had spoken about. But before he could let that happen to him, he snapped out of his thoughts and focused on his original task on hand.

"Xu Zhixuan!"

His yell startled the boy, who jumped and turned his head jerkily to meet his older brother's eyes. Even Xiaoyu had turned to look at him wide-eyed, clearly not expecting him to turn up.

Zhixuan scratched his head sheepishly, his face had an awkward smile for being caught in the act. He knew that he had gotten himself in deep trouble.

"Teehee... Hi, Big Brother."

"Hi?" Zhijian repeated, raising a brow questioningly. "Come here right this instance."

"No!" Zhixuan pouted instantly. He shifted closer to Xiaoyu, who was watching their exchange amusedly, and clutched her sleeve tightly. "I want to have breakfast with the princess."

Zhijian opened his mouth to deny the request, but stopped abruptly at how his brother was trying to persuade him with a begging look.

A defeated sigh escaped from Zhijian's lips. As always, he couldn't seem to say 'no' to that innocent face. People had often said that fathers were fools for their daughters, but in his case, he was a complete fool for his brother. Knowing that if he didn't comply with Zhixuan's wish, the boy would be terribly disappointed and his pout would last for the rest of the day.

"Fine, but you're going straight to school after this."

Zhixuan let out a celebratory cheer. "Deal! You're the best, Big Brother!"