𝟎𝟔

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

-The following chapter will

be in first person perspective-

└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

'Is this really going to be the end?'

I asked myself, not being able to shake off the feeling of death lurking around the bend. Ever since I was a child, I had wondered what death would feel like. If it would be a terrible pain coursing through your body or an instant peace within you.

And now that I'm here, I'm not sure what to think. I feel like...like I've somehow gotten super powers. The world around me feels so much colder than normal. Almost like I'm stuck inside of a freezer. The only thing keeping me warm is the heat from my soon to be killer.

I can hear every sound around me. The water slowly dripping down back into the larger bodies of water in the fountain, to the swaying of the trees around us. 

'It's almost...peaceful,'

Not like anything I could've imagined. It almost feels like I'm not even in my body. As if someone else it there and I'm simply a spectator watching what's happening from somewhere else. Sadly, I do know that it's me, and that my death is seeming to lurk nearer and nearer with every passing second.

But how long has it even been? Time is seeming to slow down, or is it doing the opposite? I can't tell anymore. The amount of time I've spent with my body wrapped by a feral animal is something I can no longer picture.

'End me quickly'

I begged to anyone who was listening to my thoughts. I remember when I was younger, I had always wondered what death truly did feel like. Wondered if it was like Oguma would tell me about it. Saying how people see their lives flash before their very eyes.

But currently, I didn't feel a single thing. The only thing in my vision was the dark and foggy night that seemed to consume me. Small drops of, what I assume to be, drool were the only thing touching me back to reality.

'What if I'm already dead...'