f o u r t y f o u r

I would like to write you guys a massive apology for my absence. I would like to have a real excuse, but honestly, I don't... Other than a writers block. This story has been getting so much attention that I don't know what to do with it. I feel a lot of pressure while writing now. I am so, SO grateful for all the support. I honestly never expected this story to get this far. To those of you who leave me comments telling me to to update.. You make my day. Seriously, you guys are the bomb. And to those of you who vote on every gosh dang chapter: you guys are probably my favorite sort of people. If I could give you a prize for your dedication you would each win the lottery. I cannot thank you enough for everything that you guys have done for me- to love to write and to have people love what I write is something I've always dreamed of but never expected.

This very short chapter is on Michonne's point of view... I promise I will update soon- this chapter is meant to be short because it is the only way it works. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The light was blinding. Though she didn't come across a lot of it, it was still a rude awakening every time she stumbled across it. The warm rays leaked through the treetops, projecting yellow splashes on the floor of the woods.

She had fallen into the empty void of her mind, lost and confused, unsure of where to go. She knew that she had to find Rick and Carl, but that seemed to be next to flying pigs on the list of impossible tasks.

She continued to shuffle along with the group of walkers, feeling about as lifeless as they were. Her eyes lacked the light that she had once held from her former prison group; she had a scarcity of the giddy hop in her every step. She'd lost all hope.

Michonne was a strong girl, but she wasn't strong enough to overcome the pain of being alone all over again.

A walker bumped into her shoulder, startling her out of her deep train of thoughts. She turned sharply, looking at the former human curiously. The lifeless fool didn't even realize that she was human. She looked much like Michonne did-empty eyes, dark skin, dark hair. Their only difference was the fact that she was alive...

Or maybe they were completely the same.

Michonne's heart stopped, and she found herself jerking to a stop. Within only seconds, without even thinking about what she was doing, the katana was unsheathed and whirling through the air. The head of the walker dropped to the ground, drawing in the attention of the surrounding golden eyes. Each of them turned dramatically slow, looking at her with bloodthirsty eyes.

The lifeless girl had come alive, all because she had seen herself in one of the dead that were walking. Tears streamed down her face in horror as she beheaded each of the creatures. Sweat droplets formed on her brow, but somehow, she had enough energy to run an entire marathon. She even went as far as decapitating the two monsters that lacked arms and jaws; her so called 'pets'. Within just a few minutes, Michonne had come back to life.

Lifeless bodies lay out around her, black blood and bits of flesh clinging to the brilliant silver surface of her sword. Her eyes were surprisingly calm- she was surprisingly calm.

She dropped to her knees, staring up at the sky and squinting past the treetops. Suddenly, the sun had regained its brilliance.

Like I said... Incredibly and unbelievably short... But with reason.

I would like to mention that my goal, which I probably won't reach, is to have 1000 votes by the time of New Years. I know that this is ridiculous, but I would really like to reach that number... It'll be a great start, yeah? Mmhmmmmm.... 207 votes to go... Ugh. If you guys vote on every chapter, I will post as much as I can. c: