I:II

|Book 1: Chapter Two|

"Wake up, my little wolf." The voice shook the trees, making Crystal wake up from her slumber. Her head moved to the side first, the grass tickling against her check. She smiled softly at the feeling, making her good hand come and gently rub her face. Her eyes fluttered opened, staring at a flower that was growing. The petals started to bloom, reaching towards the sun rays lighting up the shadows of the trees.

Her ears screamed when she heard the heavy footsteps coming her way. She propped up on her elbows, trying to stand up. She struggled falling down a couple times before she actually she landed on her feet. She wiped the dirt away from her legs. Her head snapped up, staring into the distance. She could smell someone coming closer. She closed her eyes, breathing deeply into the smell. It smelled like something she was robbed of, and she wanted to steal it back.

She opened her eyes again, her legs shaking as she waited. She swallowed, her ears faintly picking up the sounds of hesitating footsteps. She narrowed her eyes, sensing an outline of a broad man. She blinked, tilting her head to the side as he suddenly left her view. She bit her lip, tearing a layer off of it. She tasted iron in her mouth, searching for the man with the scent that she wanted.

Then she froze. She could hear him breathing behind her, inhaling the air. She wondered what he was smelling for. She whipped around, her violet eyes staring into his golden pair. His shoulders were relax and pulled back. His tongue gazed across his full, hydrated lips as he stared at Crystal. He stood, roots holding him back by his ankles. Crystal was frozen too, staring at the man. He had a black pair of shorts, and he was sweating. He looked like he jumped into the river that had a hint of blood drifting with the deadly, bleeding rapids.

He sighed in grace, his eyes adventuring across her body. He could see the dried blood on her forehead, along with her knee and shoulder. He could smell faint scents of wolves on her, but they were almost completely washed away. He blinked, noticing how time was passing by very slowly.

"Hello," his voice came out, low and soft. It made Crystal eyes widen at how the sound made her body tingled with happiness. "Mate." He walked forward, making himself look like prey. He kept his hands in the air, showing he had nothing to harm. With one step, Crystal jumped back, baring her teeth in warning to stay away. She hoped he would keep his distance because she was all bark and no bite.

The man paused, nodding his head. His ears were perked, collecting and processing sounds around them for her well-being. "My name is Lyon." Crystal felt a wave of trust rush over her. She knew this man's name, but that didn't mean that he could be trusted. Lyon didn't seem to want to give her harm, but that doesn't mean he wasn't capable of it. Many men she meet were the same: big, tall, broad, muscular, giant, toned, friendly, evil. He gulped when her eyes drifted around his body. He could clearly smell the fear she had for him, and he softly whined. "Please, Love. I will not lay a hand on you." Carefully, he walked forward, and this time, Crystal stayed put. She unknowing lifted her eyebrow, keeping her eyesight on him. "Easy there," he whispered, filling in the silence. Crystal turned to the side, facing him with her good shoulder. Her eyes flickered to his hands, watching them as his feet crushed against the leaves on the ground.

By turning her body, she forced herself into a defensive position. With each shaking breath that left her lips, her legs shook at her weight, and her knees were ready to buckle. Lyon noticed the way she held herself up, trying to be intimidating towards him. The sides of his lips turned upwards for a moment, his eyes twinkling with pride and joy at how she was still willing to protect herself even though they both knew who would win a fight.