Nowhere

"You're getting better at this." Gideon observed as she instructed Kylo how to fully replace the stabilizers, "Like, I'd actually trust you to do this on your own... maybe."

Sending the woman a look, he rolled his eyes. They'd been exchanging light, witty banter for the last ninety minutes. Gideon was resting in the pilot's chair, having being told several times by Kylo that the last thing she wanted was for those stitches to reopen. He also made it very clear it was the last thing he wanted. She had been trying to work on the ship herself, fixing a few of the major damages before they landed at the base.

So, they made a deal. Kylo would fix the damages, with her careful instruction, if she just agreed to sit down and not move around too much.

"You're lucky you're not as unbearable as I initially thought." He retorted.

"Me? Unbearable?" She repeated, "I'm the most bearable person you'll probably ever meet. No offense to your pal General Hux... but he's really just..."

She trailed off as she searched for the word, trying to find something both accurate in its description and not as insulting so she wouldn't piss of Kylo.

"He's a snob." He offered, not even missing a beat, "Everyone knows that."

The captain opened her mouth to speak, but was honestly genuinely shocked at his reply. Gideon didn't think Kylo would ever take part in her insulting of the First Order. Well, it wasn't really a big insult. There are worse thing to be than snobby.

Gideon checked their status on approaching the Resistance base, her hands growing clammy, fidgeting with the hem of her shirt as her eyes danced across the computer screen. The closer they got to the base, the more nervous she was getting concerning her own fate, not to mention what would happen once they got there.

Would it be a complete bloodbath that she'd be caught in the middle of? Would the First Order immediately take her and cart her away to toss into a cell and be left to die? The thought sickened her, especially because of how surprisingly well she and Kylo were getting along.

Well... any encounter with Kylo Ren where you don't die a terrible death is automatically a win.

"We're almost on Nowhere." She said, her navicomputer beeping to notify the woman they were almost ready to exit hyperspace, "And before you ask, that's the name of the moon we're going to."

Kylo put down Gideon's tools, finished with the needed repairs. He nodded to the woman as slowly walked towards the other side of the ship. Almost mechanically he put on the outer layers of his uniform.

"You're worried about what's going to happen." He said, pulling on his thick leather gloves, "Once we get there."

Her eyes sharpening with fear, the woman nodded, a hint of embarrassment flushing in her cheeks. Her fear and anxiety about the next few hours was probably so strong Kylo could probably see right through her.

Gideon bit her lip, offering a small nod, "Yeah."

There was no witty reply or sarcasm, no show of overconfidence. Gideon was afraid she'd reach the end of the line, that as soon as the First Order stormed the base she'd be painfully ripped away from her life.

Kylo tucked his mask under his arm, unmoving from his position in the corner of the ship. His eyes studied the woman for a moment, his dark eyes that were like black voids trying to search Gideon's brown ones for an answer that seemed acceptable.

He could just let her down right now, saying that she'd probably be killed as soon as the First Order arrived on Nowhere. He honestly didn't know, because that wasn't up to him anymore.