⊳⊳9⊲⊲

❝And all along I believed, I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more❞

⊳⊳|⊲⊲

"Oh, Finn!" Roxanne called, wandering the mansion with bright eyes. She had a massive smile spanning her face and she moved through the halls, searching for the eldest Mikaelson. "Finn!" Her boots thumped heavily on the wooden floors as she glanced into every room she passed. 

A dark head of hair peered casually around a doorway, green eyes finding her. Finn Mikaelson leaned against the doorframe, his tall figure imposing as he stared her down. "Hello, little one," he smiled softly. "How can I help you?" His eyes were soft, his face was quiet and held very little emotion. Very little anything. He just watched, stoically. 

Roxanne perked up as she caught sight of him, hurrying up to him with a grin. "I was wondering if you want to get lunch? Get wicked drunk and I can teach you all the secrets of the modern world?" Her gray eyes were big wide disks of excitement and enthusiasm. Her attention focused solely on him and a confused gleam glinted in his own green eyes. 

He tilted his head, studying her with distrust but also intrigue. "Why?" He was not used to having others pay attention to him, she knew. She'd seen how his siblings didn't even talk to him, and she felt poorly for the man. He'd been in a box for nine hundred years and the world he'd woken into was very different from the one he'd fallen asleep in. 

She shrugged, grinning widely up at him. "To torment your brother, of course." That wasn't fully false, either. Her paying attention to the eldest Mikaelson would vex Niklaus, and even make him jealous. Definitely suspicious. 

Finn smiled, a chuckle escaping his lips as he grabbed his coat from atop his dresser. "That sounds like a wonderful idea, sweetheart, why don't we?" He waved for her to lead the way and she did so happily. She bounced like a filly that was an hour old, her excitement rolling off her in waves. 

"So, how long has it been since you woke up?" Roxanne asked as they descended the stairs. "I want to know how much you need to catch up on." Her head tilted, gray eyes meeting his as she moved quickly down the steps. "All this modern dizzle-dazzle."

Finn shrugged, tilting his head from side to side. "I know how to work a phone. I know about the internet, but I do not understand it. I don't really get celebrities or who different celebrities are, but I don't care. Cars are . . . confusing. These modern snacks are disgusting and the alcohol is watered down." He pursed his lips, a frown heavy on his face. "I miss the old world." 

Roxanne nodded, grabbing her purse and car keys from the front closet as she exited the house. "Yeah. First stop, the bar. Second stop, we're going to find a big parking lot and I'm going to teach you to drive!" 

⊳⊳|⊲⊲

"Ok! That's your brake. That's your brake!" Roxanne shouted as Finn drunkenly drove in circles around the massive parking lot they'd found. It was in an abandoned lot on the far side of town and Roxanne considered it a jackpot. Until he nearly killed them ten times. 

The two laughed as he finally figured out how to stop and she showed him how to park. Laughing and grinning at each other, Roxanne leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes with a smile. Her head was spinning slightly from the drinks and she felt like there was cotton stuffed in her skull. 

"I can't believe Klaus had you in that coffin so long. It's cruel." Her voice was slightly sluggish, laced with alcohol as she looked over at him with slitted eyes. The sun felt very bright against the asphalt, and it hurt her eyes a bit to look at it. She wet her lips, which felt very dry and looked casually through her purse for the bottle of wine she'd snagged from the bar.