One: Arrival in Thailand

Victoria ran through the airport, her hair a mess as her bag dragged behind her "Shit, shit." she groaned. By now, she'd missed the dinner and was about to miss her taxi. She dodged out of the way of people sputtering random Thai words at her angrily.

She finally made it down the stairs and to her taxi, the man glaring at her as she jumped in, "You late." he spoke in broken english.

Victoria huffed out of breath, "Yeah yeah, it was a weird flight. Could you please just step on it." she questioned, leaning back in her seat to catch her breath. She lifted the phone up to her ear, listening to it ring.

"Um, Vic, where the hell are you?" Stu questioned into the phone, "You missed the dinner and you're about to miss the whole party thing they're throwing." She could practically hear is frown through the phone.

Victoria ran a hand through her hair, "I'll explain when I get there, I just got in the taxi and," she paused realizing the driver was driving slower than the cars around them, "dude, hey, I really need to get somewhere so if you're not gonna speed, at least go the speed limit." she groaned.

Stu sighed into the phone, "He's asking about you."

Victoria bit her lip, her stomach fluttering, "And?" she nervously twirled her hair between her fingers.

"Wondering where you are, curious if you're even coming. You know, since you missed my bachelor party-"

"Stu you ate fucking pancakes in a i-Hop, don't try to claim that was your bachelor party." Victoria cut him off, rolling her eyes.

"Ha. Ha." Stu sarcastically laughed, there was loud talking in the background before Stu said anything, "Well listen, you should talk to him when you get here. I've gotta bounce. I'll see you within the hour?"

Victoria nodded, "You betcha." she said before hanging up. She gnawed on her bottom lip, nervously thinking about having to see Phil again.

After what happened in Vegas and at Doug's wedding, Victoria talked to Phil only a few times over the next two years. She moved away from L.A. and to New York, had a bunch of flings there but nothing compared to Phil, not even her current fling. Her parents forgave her, put her back on their bank accounts on the one condition she'd do their business in New York, so she did.

Within the next thirty minutes, the taxi driver pulled up to their destination, "Thanks, man." she said, throwing a bunch of american hundreds at him.

"Hey, this american dollars!" the driver called after her but Victoria was already out of the car and rushing up to her hotel room. She checked in at the front desk and silently rode the elevator with an old man who looked like he was going to die within the next ten minutes, giving him an awkward smile when she exited.

She counted the room numbers until she reached hers, she slid the key into the slot, startled when the door next to hers opened up. She didn't pay much attention to the person walking out of the room until she recognized their voice.

"Vic?" a terribly familiar voice called out. Victoria's head shot up, her heart skipping a beat. "Holy shit it is you." Phil grinned widely, not giving Victoria the chance to say anything before he crushed her in a hug.

Her arms softly wrapped around Phil's body, "Hey, Phil." she muttered into her chest. She missed this feeling, the genuine butterflies and the comfort Phil brought to her.

Phil pulled away, still beaming, "I was starting to think you weren't coming." he scratched the back of his head, trying to make small talk.

Victoria weakly smiled at him, "Yeah um, some guy literally shit his pants on my plane so we had to do an emergency landing and I had to get a connecting flight." she truthfully told him.