Introduction

There was another world...

It was a world close to ours but not quite—a world where the limits of human potential had soared to new heights. Through the discovery of powers, humans were able to achieve feats only recorded in ancient myths. For the first time in history, humans were strong enough to rival gods.

But...

Too easily were humans corrupted and steered off of the correct path. What was initially imagined as a tool to bring peace to the world was quickly warped into a weapon that would end it.

Powers did not bring the prosperity and immense happiness that had been promised by the authorities, and so, the result was the complete destruction of faith in the government.

In less than a couple years, the desire for powers would drive the entire world to chaos. Countries descended into madness as all notions of order collapsed at once.

To fight was to survive.

To survive was to kill.

That was the motto that the whole world seemed to operate upon.

Then, the world ceased to exist.

There were no indicators of humans ever existing...our race had been utterly eradicated, taking the Earth with us as hell broke loose.

All that was left was a great, barren plain of nothingness.

~

That was how it had always ended. Amongst the trillions and trillions of realities, the ones who had superpowers were inevitably destroyed in due time.

Except for one.

Like in the other worlds, the human race managed to find a way to create superpowers. By extracting energy from stars and inserting that energy into humans, 'powers' were created.

With the introduction of something so revolutionary, people rose up in the hundreds of thousands in an event known as the Great Rebellion.

The insurgents banded together under a single banner and became collectively known as the Shadow, marking the beginning of the Cosmic Wars.

Out of the darkness, the Gazers were born. Using what remained of the power technology, the Gazers single-handedly annihilated the evil and ended the conflict.

However, there was a price to pay. Powers would put a toll on the human body and had serious mental and physical repercussions.

The solution was to recruit children from the age of 13 and train them so their bodies would adapt to their powers by 18, eventually becoming immune to all negative side effects.

This was what had happened in the rest as well.

The Cosmic Wars would continue for another decade or so, but there wasn't any doubt that eventually, the same cruel fate that had consumed the other worlds would come to this one as well.

It was certain...

Until the day he arrived.

It was an event that was never supposed to occur, and yet, it still did.

He would put an end to the Cosmic Wars once and for all, and soon enough, the world calmed down and returned to its peaceful past.

But in the process, he was also corrupted.

In the span of five years, ten out of the eleven Great Nations were invaded and taken over by this man.

In a last desperate act of defiance, Dovoria continued to fight on recklessly. The tiny country was the only thing remaining in this person's way—the rest of her allies had been reduced to dust.

In a clash that would decide the fate of this timeline, he was defeated and slain by the blade of his previous mentor.

The shaken populace of Dovoria would never be the same. The country's small population made up 100% of the remaining humans.

It was a fate that was not too different from that of the others.

However, the suffering was not over. 

Twenty years later, the flourishing society created by the Gazers was about to be tested to its very limits. 

And so, we delve into the story of a boy—the story of Ben Tiller who would have the potential to destroy everything...

...Or destroy himself.