12 - flying

chapter twelveflying

chapter twelve
flying

__________________

When the aptitude test began once again, [Name] was ready for it now— but of course, things got on his way as they have always done.

As he was being lifted in the air he didn't find much trouble balancing himself. Everything was going according to plan, but a small uncomfy feeling was slowly appearing on the back of his head, quickly creeping his whole head with a heavy weight with it. It soon became more painful, seeing his clenched jaw and a twitch on his left eye. Nevertheless, the boy didn't voice his discomfort and tried to keep going as normal.

Fortunately, the boy could whine mentally, "oh fuck!" He clenched his fists, trying to not lose his balance that much. It may have sound like an exaggeration, but the headaches more than just hurting they clouded his mind— as if he couldn't see trough the fog. He felt horribly tired out of nowhere, but didn't give in.

Unfortunately, his trouble couldn't be hid. Why now, of ALL times, this is happening to me? Gritting his teeth, he tries as best as he could to not have a worse performance like yesterday. Somehow he stood his ground and managed— well, the test result didn't have to be perfect, right? If it only allowed him to pass just barely, then that was enough for him.

Waiting for his result with a poker face, the silence Shadis fell in made [Name] worried. Was his performance so horrible he couldn't be allowed to stay?

It seemed whatever Shadis was thinking had finished, and with a deep loud voice he spoke, "I see you have problems with it still— just be careful your useless ass doesn't make you fall to your death!"

[Name] couldn't stop a sigh of relief getting out. Well, that was better than not passing. It was pretty disappointing not being able to do his best thanks to the headaches, but it isn't as if he needed to be in the top ten to join the Survey Corps— he will just have to manage the upcoming tests and keep passing somehow. That if my headaches don't make me kill myself.

"I'm happy for you, [Name]!" Marco grinned, looking happily to him as he returned, "I knew you could do it."

Jean rubs his head, "man, your headaches really come in the worst time, do they?"

"It's so absurd." He bitterly stated, placing a hand on his forehead while closing his eyes, clearly frowning.

"Seems this is going to go for a while, seeing the amount that haven't made it."

"Can we stay there in the mean time?" [name] pointed a place pretty far from where they were— just a spot under some trees. Jean instantly knew he just wanted to sleep. You lazy sleepy adorable thing...

The trio walked away, sitting on the grass.

"Could we get in the air today?" Marco wondered, supporting his hands on the grass as he looked at the others trainees doing the test.