The Recorded History Of Kay Olivia Challis

Kay Challis

Kay Challis

Kay's parents met at a bar. They had a one night stand while being drunk. After finding out about her pregnancy, Lisa went back to Arthur Challis' trailer to ask him for help. He didn't believe it at first, but he accepted her and her unborn child. They were madly in love until they found out about Lisa's fast growing cancer. Much to Arthur's persistence, it was left untreated. He convinced Lisa that it was nothing and that everything would get resolved. After Kay Olivia Challis was born, she was visited by a strange man. He had no name, but several. He's known as the many faced god. He came to pay his daughter a visit. As Arthur's footsteps grew closer, the man suddenly left and was nowhere to be found.

One day Lisa and Author got into a heated argument. No one knows how far into the relationship Arthur began to abuse Lisa, but people know the skeletal remains of Lisa they found under the trailer home had a lot of signs of broken bones that had mended in a manner which suggested she did not receive proper medical care. It was obvious that cancer didn't kill Lisa, someone else did.

When Kay was only three years old, Lisa died from a broken neck, possibly killed on accident while Kay was asleep. Arthur hid her body under the trailer home. Kay began waking up in the middle of the night to look for her mother shortly after this. She suffered her first physical abuse shortly after this when Arthur found Kay crawling under the trailer looking for her mother. He dislocated her shoulder as he dragged her out. Kay's mind created BabyDoll to help her pretend her dad didn't hurt her.

This unusually early activation of her meta-gene gave Kay meta-abilities that combined with her dissociative identity, causing her meta-gene to adapt to whichever personality was manifesting. Kay's mind kept creating personalities as a safety mechanism to cope with her abuse and various trauma. But when she was just five, Kay suffered trauma so profound that Kay's core identity vanished deep into her subconscious.

Miranda Silvo

Unable to deal with a kind of abuse completely alien to her young mind, Kay created three new personalities: Miranda, Innocence and Mama Pentecost. Innocence was the personality which was created during the first instance of sexual abuse and then only returned to suffer the same abuse. When the abuse ceased, Innocence disappeared into the subconscious once again, keeping the pain contained to herself.

Miranda and Mama Pentecost were made to survive the aftermath. Miranda was the first instance of a change to Kay's physical appearance as her eyes turned a vibrant green color and hair a caramel brown when she was created. This was Kay's new look. Kay's original hair and eye color did not return, even when Miranda let other personalities like BabyDoll or Merry Andrew take over. This indicates that Miranda was the new dominant personality. Kay had stepped down and actually refused to return to the conscious control. Mama Pentecost was Kay's intent for creating her seemed to be a desperate need to explain what had happened to her, or failing that, find a way to live with it instead. Mama's first approach was an embrace of religion.