28

24/04/2001
The Rousseau's Residence, Kingswear, Devon
¬

[ f i g h t ]

"WHAT'S THE RUSH, LOVE?"

In any other situation, Elinor would let herself daydream about the way George referred to her as 'love', no matter how unreal it was, but there were more pressing matters at hand.

"We're having a double date?"

"What?"

Elinor crossed her arms. The wind was uncharacteristically strong that night, despite the three layers of clothings she had on. "A double date with Ezme and Cameron this weekend? Because the three of us don't know anything about it, but surprisingly your parents do."

George frowned, "Wait. You talked to my parents? How?"

"Is that even important right now?" Elinor exclaimed, "They said we've been having Saturday dinner with my family for weeks. Which you and I both know is a lie."

"Alright..." George scratched his head, "That's not exactly a lie—"

"How is that not a lie? You rarely take me to the Burrow anymore. You never said anything about some big family Saturday dinner invitation. Last week I wasn't even in Devon, two weeks ago you kidnapped me to your joke shop, three weeks ago I was here at home. Just how many times have you been using my name to be your excuses?"

"In my defense, you can't even act properly in front of Harry! You won't like the invitation!" George replied, equally raising his voice bit by bit.

"Tell me the real reason of your disappearance. Why don't you want to go?"

"It's nothing! Just thinking maybe you're not ready to face that many magical folks at once in the same room. Too much pressure."

Elinor scoffed, "But you took me to Three Broomsticks. Right."

"Merlin's— Can't you just take it as me being considerate?"

"No. Tell me, George, why are you avoiding your family?"

"I'm not!"

"You are."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"So, what?" George exploded. The prideful, egoistic, hidden side of him was probed by her and he couldn't just leave her unscathed. "Yes, I don't like family gatherings! So I've got issues. You have issues, too! What is it with you and magic, exactly? Why are so afraid of something you've been taught to control? Why can't you form one coherent sentence in front of Harry, Ron, and Hermione? Huh? Answer me, Elle!"