George Floyd

On Monday, May 25th, in Minneapolis, MN, a man was suffocated by a police officer.

He, and bystanders, repeatedly begged for the police officer to remove his knee from his neck, just so he could breathe.

The man wasn't resisting. He even told them he would get into their police car.

But the police officer did not move. Instead, he told the man to stand up on his own and get into the police car.

But he couldn't get up and get in their car. As he was being held down, in the street, by 3 police officers.

This continued on, with the police officers not moving off of him, bystanders trying to tell the police officer to just get off his neck, and the man not moving nor speaking.

When the ambulance arrived, the officer still did not get off of his neck. Even when they checked for a pulse.

He only got off when they put him on a gurney.

He died because of that police officer.

Why? Because the store he had been shopping at suspected he had given them a faulty check.

That mans name was George Floyd. He was unarmed, and was not resisting any of the police officers.

And the police officers, the ones on him and the one keeping the bystanders away, were only fired for this crime. No other punishment ensued.

If you don't believe me, just type in his name to any search bar. And you'll see for yourself. Watch the video in this chapter, to see what happened.