Episode 2

The day before my birthday, there was chaos.

Everyone was preparing what I should wear, who to invite, the tableware, the food, etc.

My parents were the most worried, although usually, a baby who's turning one wouldn't remember anything about their first birthday party. But, that is no good reason to make their precious little daughter have a grand party, thus my parents were very strict and picky about what the maids and servants were preparing for the party. 

It seemed very tiring seeing everyone stressing out for my first birthday, I almost felt bad but I shouldn't worry so I continued my day trying to stand up. 

Although I practiced almost every day to stand, all I could do is crawl on my bed and needed to use the bars of my crate to stand, but once I let go I end up falling. 

However, nothing can discourage me at this point! In order to get out of the route of the game, I have to show my parents that I can be independent and can live off on my own in the future. Sadly, I'll end up having to work hard and I won't be able to laze around... But, if it'll get me out of the route in this game, I'll-*sigh* do my best...

I look around this room, and still can't believe this is my room now.

A maid came into the room and helped Rosalinda up and fed her milk. This made her drowsy and slowly fell asleep. 

Goddammit, I'm too vulnerable if I always end up falling asleep once someone feeds me milk.

Rosalinda slowly fell asleep in the maid's arm and was put in her crate when suddenly her father came into the room to see her. 

"You can go now, I'll watch her for a moment, but when I'm done continue to take care of her, okay," he said. "Yes, master," and closed the door on her way out.

"My dear child, I can't believe it's been a whole year since you were born..."

So, he cares for his daughter. Even though I can fall asleep quickly when I drink my bottled milk, I'm also a light sleep, thus I wake up to every little sound too. So, when father came in, I immediately woke, I was rather startled him coming in but I guess I'll continue pretending to be asleep.

I felt my father slowly grabbing my body up to his arms and caressing my cheeks. "So small, so frail, I promise you this Rosallinda that I will protect you, but when I die I won't be able to protect you..."

Hey dad, isn't it a bit early to talk about death to a baby who's not even one yet?...

"..."

"...You probably don't understand me now, but when you get older I might at some point not be around anymore, okay? So, when you get older, you have to get strong and be able to protect yourself from monsters and even people. At some point, there will be people stronger than you, therefore, you'll need to work hard to get stronger than them..."

"hmph"

"haha... but there are going to be people who you want to protect and people who will fight with you too, to find them you'll just have to look very closely where and who they are," he said as he smiles to her. "Then, you'll find someone you'll love, I found my love accidentally. Your mother is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen when I first saw her. We both were young, around 12-13, and thought of running away from this boring party we were at and bumped into each other..." he giggled. "When I first saw her I didn't think I had a chance but after bumping into each other, I felt so nervous but took my chance since we were alone and now I get to see this beautiful angel every day for the rest of my life..."

That's pretty sweet. Unlike my parents from my old life... Rosallinda's father seems to truly love his wife. 

"Now Rosa-" Then the door swung open and came in a beautiful angel, my mother. My father quickly set me down in my crate and nervously asked mother, "Oh, dear! How are you at the moment? Are you feeling fine?" Although my mother looks very angelic, she's feared by everyone because of how strict her nature is to everyone. Although she's strict, she isn't unreasonably and always has a reason on what she does. 

When she went into Rosallinda's room, she quickly grabbed her husband's ear and quietly but angrily said, "Dear, what the hell?! Rosa's trying to sleep! Can't you see!" As she points at me.

"But, she's awake. Look..." He points at her. "... Whenever she's asleep, she usually laying on her back but at the moment she's laying on her side!" he said. I never noticed... he's quite conservative.

"Rosallinda, are you awake?" she said with a high pitched voice. I guess I'll save father from mom. Nothing will happen to me at least. I turn over to see my beautiful mother quickly change her expression into an angelic smile. "Did daddy disturb your sleep?" After my older brother found out I could understand him when I was barely born, he told our parents right after and was the main gossip through the servants and maids that maybe their master's daughter could be a genius. "

I shake my head, I was pretty much awake the whole time... *yawn* but now that I've been awake for too long I feel drowsy..."

"Sweep..." I said drowsily.

"Oh,dear! Did you hear that?! She said her first words" As she squeals with excitement. "But why sleep? Why not papa or mama?" he said in a sad tone. "Our daughter has grown up so fast... it's been almost a year since she was first born and now she can talk... I love you my dear little Rosa." She said and started to hum a little lullaby as Rosallinda was slowly falling asleep in her crate. Her mother continued to hum while her father continued watching her falling asleep peacefully in her crate. They watched their little girl fall asleep and left the room.

Thank you God, even though this family isn't perfect, it's at least a loving family.

The day ended and came my birthdate. A large birthday party was prepared with every guest in the ballroom, but I was not prepared for him to be invited...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's the end of the chapter! 

Just a heads up, each episode will be more than 1000 words, but if it's too long or if you guys want it cut shorter, please tell me down in the comments!

Thank you guys for reading and comment or share!