Home

(Y/N) POV

Ozpin: "Are you sure?" We all looked at him, nodding in agreement. "Well then, typically, its against rules to allow a five person team. But since Mr (L/N) here has some experience, he could be labeled as a staff. But maybe a blind eye will be safe as well."

We all sighed in relief.

(Y/N): "What do you have in mind professor?"

Ozpin looked through some papers.

Ozpin: "Ah here. Your mission: There has been some abnormal Grimm activity around the west of Vale. Investigate and report any findings if anything new. If there is only an increase of numbers, please take them out. Remember: your life is #1 priority."

We all smile and nodded.

All: "Yes sir!"

We turn to the elevator. Squeezing our way in, it's a little cramped.

Yang: "Ugh he really needs to change this freaking elevator, there's barely any room!"

(Y/N): "I'll say... By the way, you guys want to go for a meal at a place before we head out?"

Yang gasps,

Yang: "Yeah! I could go for something that isn't from the cafeteria. Where should we go?"

Blake: "We could just go to the Quill and Ink."

Then it was Ruby's turn to gasp.

Ruby: "That's the place where they have the super scrumptious sweet sugary chocolate covered strawberries."

It was like she met her most favorite celebrity, fan-girling out of control. Yang held her shoulders down to keep her calm.

(Y/N): "Weiss? You good with that?"

Weiss: "That'll do."

I nod in confirmation. The elevator finally opens. Cramming ourselves out and on our way to Quill and Ink.

Timeskip

Nothing much happened. Just traded a few academic anecdotes and some jokes around the place. On our way to the dorms, I turn to head to my dorm, and Ruby was about to follow.

Weiss: "Ruby. I know you guys are a thing and all, but we're your team. And our leader too. You should come and hang with us at least once."

Ruby looked at me then back to Weiss,

Ruby: "Why don-"

(Y/N): "Yeah, you should be with your team. From the looks of it, they need you a lot. Go on and hang out."

She had a slight worried face.

Ruby: "Are you sure? You can come with us"

I wave it off.

(Y/N): "That's alright, this is the time for the four of you to be the team you are."

I gave an affirming smile, seemed to be enough. But she still had a hint of worry.

Ruby: "Okay... we'll see you later to talk for the mission tomorrow. Okay? Call if you need anything."

I nod, waving them off as they leave towards their dorm. I walk back to my dorm, passing people by. There were a few stares, glances, etc. but it was noticeably less than usual. I enter my dorm to a fresh cold room, just the way I like it. I lay on my bed. Staring at my ceiling, replaying all that has happened, all that has changed, all that have been good, all that have been bad, everything. There was a surprise knock from my door, making me jump slightly. I think it was Ruby or her team. Opening the door to see it was one of the school's delivery boys.