Mr. Right? | 13

KAIRO 

"Your eyebrows look like a boomerang," Ethan commented, tossing a crumpled up piece of paper over at me which smacked me right on my forehead. I disregarded his comments for the hundredth time that day and continued flipping through my damn Math textbook. 

This was all.. my fault. What was I thinking when I proposed the idea of me doing the entire project by myself? On a subject that I don't know jack-shit about?

"What are you even doing anyway?" he snorted, aiming another paper ball at my face. 

"I'm learning trigonometry, Alexander and I made a deal," I sighed. "Long story short, I convinced him that I'd be able to do the entire project by myself and get better at trigonometry by the start of next month." 

Ethan paused for a second, then he tilted his head at me, "Hey, are you good at the limbo dance?"

"No, why?" I snorted. 

"Because that's too low, even for someone like you," he stated, throwing another paper ball at my face. 

I snorted in response and grabbed the paper ball from my lap and threw it back at him. He hissed when it hit him right on his Rudolph The Reindeer-like nose.

"Sorry we're late," a familiar voice said from behind me. I didn't even have to turn around to confirm who it was. 

Nick sauntered over to the empty seat beside Ethan and sat down, followed by Austin taking his place on the opposite side. 

"Where's Hailey?" Ethan questioned.

"Today is an all guys kind of day," Austin responded. 

Right after he'd said that, I heard someone drag a chair over to my side, followed by said person sitting down with a nearly inaudible grunt. 

"It's about time, Rhodes," Nick commented. 

"Shut it, McConell. I saw you come in like two seconds ago," Alexander fired back - and I could nearly hear him smiling. 

Following that, Nick and Austin began to engage in a conversation with Ethan about Overwatch and I was left having my mind gradually eaten by trigonometry. 

"What are you doing?" Alexander questioned lowly, leaning in a little closer so I could hear him. I nearly jumped out of my skin at the sudden sound of his voice and glanced up at him with a heavy sigh, "I'm trying to learn trigonometry. It's way harder than I thought it would be."

"Hm, at least you're dedicated," he noted as if he'd been expecting me to give up on the first day. "Do you need my help?"

"No, I can do this on my own," I huffed. He gave me a doubtful nod and proceeded to poke the food on his tray with his fork and I went back to staring at the pile of numbers on my textbook. I massaged my temples and tried my hardest to focus on the question, however I failed to do so. I couldn't even understand the damn question. 

I cleared my throat in embarrassment. Looks like I'd have to ask him for help after all.

"Alexander?" I questioned in a soft voice in hopes of getting his attention. 

Didn't work.

"Alexander," I repeated, squinting my eyes at him. When it didn't work, I noticed that he had his earphones in. I decided not to bother him, because I wouldn't really like it if someone attempted to talk to me whilst I had my earphones in either and went back to trying to solve the equation on my own. 

Suddenly, I felt him shift from beside me and he leaned in even closer, "I knew you'd need my help. Which question is it?"

I felt my breath hitch in my throat from our proximity and pointed to the question quickly. He hummed under his breath and moved the textbook closer to him. As he proceeded to solve the equation in his mind, my mind began to float elsewhere. I realized that I could hear his music now that his earphones were off. 

"Hold on, is that Yungblud?" I gasped. "Can I listen too, please?" 

He glanced over at me with a raised brow, "No. Focus on Math."

I let out a huff before sinking in my seat with my arms folded. 

What level of hell is this?