four

"A big girl drink and a little girl drink." Damon announces before sliding a glass of bourbon and glass of orange juice across the table.

Thankfully we found Elena. She is pretty out of it. I mean I would be too if my supernatural boyfriend was forced to become a minion to a evil vampire and then was forced to feed off of me.

We were back at the Salvatore house and I was really hoping for some sleep. It was a long night and not only am I wildly confused from all the vampire lingo, I'm covered in bruises.

I take the cold glass in my hands and lightly sip at the orange juice. My eyes were heavy but my lips begged for me to begin asking questions.

Elena scrunches her nose at the strong liquor.

"Yeah, it's strong. You know I can help you forget, too. At least the memories you don't want to keep." He sighs sitting in between us on the couch.

"No. No compulsion. I need to remember. All of it." She shakes her head and then looks at me.

"Do you want to forget Scar..? I know this must've been scary for you." I roll my eyes at this.

"It was scary because I didn't know what was even going on. A warning would've been nice." I say making the two look at me with concern.

"We're trying to keep you out of it. We don't want you getting hurt." Elena sighs.

"And look where that got you." I snap, feeling frustrated. Maybe if I had been more informed I could've done more to help. Maybe something could've been done to stop Stephan from killing those kids. I can barely process what happened tonight because I literally have no idea.

"Hey, if you wanna know the deets I'll tell you. Everyone just needs to chill out for a little." Damon says firmly, making me nod and look down at the orange liquid in my glass cup.

"I stole it back for you." Damon announces, holding up Elena's familiar necklace. Probably not a good idea to take since that batshit vampire went crazy over it.

"He's really gone this time. I watched it happen. After everything that we went through to get...to help him. Now he's just...gone." She sighs, almost struggling to get the words out.

"Where were you, Damon?" When I see Damons hand move to Elena's leg in comfort I decide its my time to exit the room. Maybe it was out of frustration or annoyance.

I find myself in the kitchen, dumping the orange juice in the sink.

"Wasteful." I hear from behind me, making me jump in fright before turning to the familiar voice.

Stefan.

I frown at the tall man, that I once would've welcomed home with a smile. (If it weren't for the whole no humanity and hungry hungry vampire thing)

"Please don't tell me you're here to drink my blood and or take me hostage for that old guy." I say with a grimace.

He shakes his head, lifting his glass of bourbon to his lips.

"Klaus asked me to keep watch of you all. I guess i'm your new babysitter." I roll my eyes at his remark.

"How many kid jokes am I gonna hear tonight. You are literally physically a seventeen year old." I roll my eyes before walking past the man.

"Stefan's home." I announce before heading up the stairs and heading to a guest bad to sleep away the exhausting night.

The next day I surprisingly woke up in my own bed. I knew Damon had probably moved me while I slept. I didn't mind anyways. I sat up with a sigh.

Memories of the night before flash in my mind. The man who pretty much kept me hostage, the way he smirked down at me, his sly little comments and how I felt my stomach flutter with fear anytime he placed a hand on me. I run my hand across my face before standing up and entering my bathroom.

After showering and getting ready for school I headed down the stairs where I found nobody. Of course.

Training - A & E

I read the note on the fridge and rolled my eyes before opening it and pouring a glass of orange juice. I leaned against the counter, brushing my fingers lightly across the purple bruises on my arms.

My mind keeps going back to the original vampires voice, and his eyes, and the dimples that formed when he smi-

I snap out of my train of thought. The man did scare me. But I had to admit he was attractive and kinda funny.

I shook my head at the thought, annoyed with myself and brushing it off as quickly as it came. He was mostly annoying and fucking terrifying. I must've forgotten that part.

I set my now empty glass in the sink before grabbing my bag and heading out the door.

"Here we are. Senior year." Caroline smiles, head held high as usual.

"Junior." I correct her.

"How could we forget, our little Scarlett is now a Junior." She smiles, jokingly wrapping an arm around me making me laugh.

It was a reoccurring theme to pick on my age. It was okay at certain times but others took it way to serious. For example, Damon's overprotective ass.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie jokes.

"Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on." Caroline announces to the group.

"You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?" Bonnie says sarcastically.

"Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day." The joke continues.

"Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year."  Elena adds, glumly.

"Yeah. You win." Caroline says. I frown at my sister, I knew she missed Stefan. But she was also messing around with Damon so my frown vanishes.

I did feel bad for Stefan though. My feelings were confused.

"Luckily all the guys in mystic falls creep me out. I think I win." I joke, attempting to lighten the mood. Which was successful as I hear the small laughs.

"Are you sure you guys want to be here? I know last night was a lot for you both.". Bonnie asks, her eyes flickering between me and Elena.

"I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life."

"And Alaric won't let me skip. Despite being held hostage last night and possibly being killed. Yaknow no biggie."