Reunited

Kelly

Sometimes things happen. Maybe it was for the better. Never blame yourself for what's out of your control, right? But when someone you really were interested in just disappears out of no where, it really makes you think. You should never take the blame for nobody else's actions. But why did she feel like she had to completely cut me out from her world?

I realized I should've just kept focusing on myself from the beginning. I let someone I barely knew into my life and she's a flight risk. I couldn't believe it. It's been almost three weeks and she's no where to be found. And I know for sure she doesn't want to be found.

"Hey man! You good? You looked out of it. Get it together Kelly, it's game time." Coach said.

I take all my frustration out on the court. Instead of letting my problems overcome me, I use it as fuel. We all have something to help us escape, some people even use drugs. But basketball is my drug.

Today we had a great win. I was finally happy things in my life were going right again.

*BUZZ*

I had so many questions

I had so many questions. These past few weeks I had been angry at her for leaving and never saying a word to me. But God I was so excited to see her.

When she got there, I just hugged her. I missed her so much and I didn't truly realize it until I got to see her face. Then behind her I saw someone.

"This is my brother, Julio." She said with a smile.

"I have so much to tell you, so let's just sit down." She sat on the couch and I sat right beside her.

"I left because my mom lied to me about having to sell everything. She just wanted money. When I got there I realized it so I tried to leave and—."

Before she could finish her words tears started falling. I immediately wiped them and said "and what?"

She said, "And then my mom's boyfriend beat me and told me not to leave again. I told him I hated him and—." She took and long pause, "And raped me."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I took her and hugged her so tight. I told her I'd be there for her always. I continued wiping her tears. I wanted to take all of her pain for her.

"After that I continued working until I could pay for me and my brother's plane ticket home. Now I have no idea where we can stay. He can't stay on campus with me and Christal." She said while wiping her tears.

"Y'all can stay with me. I have extra rooms and I'm barely here. It won't affect y'all. Don't say no please." I said while grabbing her hand.

"Okay well I have to take my brother shopping, he left all of his clothes in Georgia." She replied.

We all left to go shopping. I held her close to me, I couldn't let her go. I wanted to protect her but she was so strong.

When she went to go pay I took her card and gave the clerk mine.

"Ugh give it back." She said.

"Come get it then." I laughed while lifting my arms. She couldn't even each to get it but she looked so beautiful trying.

On the way home I got so distracted by her while driving. She was so beautiful. Later she ended up leaving and saying she'd be back in the morning with her stuff.

I wanted her to stay forever.

AN: a little refreshing short chapter
Insta feed next chapter 🥰