Chapter 14: I might get killed by the crown prince

The results for the first exam came out days later and many students were curious to see what placing they got. I was one of those students and rushed to see my results. My eyes darted around trying to find my name.

"Fifth place? Not bad I would say!" I cheerfully said to myself, proud of my achievements.

I wanted to see who was above me so I looked through their names. I looked at it before chuckling. First place obviously went to Phillip. Second was Catherine, third was Blaive and fourth was Ralph. Catherine and Blaive were generally smart just like Phillip.

I pouted before turning to Ralph who was standing beside me. "I hate you, how come you get better grades than me?"

Ralph grinned before shrugging, "Because I'm just smart."

I rolled my eyes before noticing something off. Checking all the names and muttered to myself, "Strange..why isn't her name in the top five or ten?"

"Who are you talking about?" Ralph asked, hearing my conversation to myself.

"Huh? Oh nobody in particular." I awkwardly laughed trying to brush the question off.

Thankfully Ralph doesn't question further, allowing me to drown myself in my thoughts. In the book, Lucy is supposed to be a hard working girl who tries her best to achieve good grades. She would often get top five or ten in every exam. That point of her was also one reason Phillip fell for her more.

Speaking of Phillip...

I straighten my back, trying my best to ignore the hard stare on me. Phillip has been staring at me anytime he could. He doesn't even speak to me, he just stares at me intensely.

'I feel like I'll die before my magic becomes unstable because of him..'

"Lady Lilyana what's wrong?" Ralph asked as he noticed the odd facial expression I was making.

I sent him a weak smile, "Phillip has been intensely staring at me and I do not know why..."

"His highness?" Ralph turned behind and looked over at Phillip who sent him a smile and wave.

Ralph bowed before turning back to me, "Everything seems alright to me..?"

I looked at Ralph with distrustful eyes before turning to look at Phillip myself. He had a death stare on me with no expression. He looked like he wanted to kill me. Turning back to Ralph, my face looked like the scream painting.

Ralph looked at me worriedly, "Are you alright?"

I tucked in my lips, looking like I ate something sour before replying to Ralph, "I..might die..."

I held back my sobs, "By the hands of the crown prince!"

Ralph blinked as he stared at me before laughing. I glared at him, punching his shoulder, "I'm serious! I might die!"

"Lilyana," hearing the voice of the person who will soon kill me, I froze up before stiffly turning to the owner of the voice.

"Yes..."

Phillip had a cold deadly look on his face before smiling warmly at me. At that moment, it felt like the gods were shining down on me, ready to take my soul.

"I need to talk to you for a moment, please." he politely asked, causing me to feel goosebumps all over my skin as he rarely talks to me that way unless we were at an event.

Having a hard time to say no, I glance at Ralph making signals with my eyes asking him to help me get out of this situation I was in. Ralph stared at me before smiling. I knew he didn't understand what I meant once he smiled.