Chapter 27: Say Hi

You were you, and I was I,
We were two before our time,
I was yours before I knew,
And you have always been mine too.

You were you, and I was I, We were two before our time,I was yours before I knew, And you have always been mine too

J A M E S

"You haven't read all the instructions in the exchange program manual, have you?"

Seriously? Is this what they were going to talk about?

I scowl at them, annoyed. "What does that have to do with anything?"

They both stare back at me, equally amused and exasperated.

"No because-" Tyler turns to Ethan, "How does he still not get it?"

"James," Ethan says, shaking his head, "You're an idiot."

"And you're a stupid fucker, but you don't see me complaining," I say with an agitated eye roll, "I'm going to ask once more. What does the exchange program have to do with anything?"

"It has everything to do with this," Tyler replies, grinning like a moron.

Everything to do with this?

"But it's over," I say slowly.

"Nuh uh," Ethan shakes his head, giving me an amused look.

"Shove your nuh-uh up your ass," I retort, with a surprising amount of sass. "They left, remember?"

"James," Tyler says slowly, with a single raised eyebrow, "It's an exchange program. Did you think they're the only ones who'd actually come to our school?"

Did I think they're the only ones coming to our school?

What the fuck was that supposed to mean? What di-

No.

No way.

I blink at him, as the realization makes my eyes widen.

"Shut up," I say, as I try to calm the growing hope in my chest. "You're kidding. No. No fucking way."

They simply smile at me, while still comfortably laying on my legs. They had become numb at this point, but I didn't care.

"If you're saying, what I think you're saying, it better not be your idea of some sick, twisted joke," I say once again, my eyes drifting between each of their expressions- just to make sure.

"Not kidding," Tyler says, poking my leg, "We're going to Richmond next week."

What?

"You mean I'm going to see her again?" I question slowly.

"Yessir," Tyler gives me an enthusiastic nod, "And this time- you aren't going to screw things up."

No fucking way.