2.Journey

We have to board the train at 7pm and Vivek isn't back from office yet. We have to start from home in the next hour if we doesn't want to miss the train. It is a 10hr train journey from here to his parents home.

We left to the station as soon as he got ready.

We couldn't get seats in ac compartment as we booked the tickets last-minute, Vivek wasn't sure about his leaves until four days ago. As soon as his leaves are granted he booked the tickets. We got tickets in the sleeper class. I feel weird in the sleeper class because of the lack of privacy.

There was a family of four sitting across us and a few college students adjacent to our seat. I sat near the window and Vivek sat beside me, he is completely engrossed in his phone and did not spare me a glance.

After an hour Vivek said he is sleepy and would take the seat we were sitting on and asked me to sleep on the berth above. He knows that I will never be able to sleep in the sleeper class. Once, in the initial days of our marriage we traveled in a sleeper class and I told him then, that I will not be able to sleep in a sleeper class, then he sat with me watching movies and snuggling.

Now feeling completely dejected I got up from the seat and walked to the door. Rapidly blinking my eyes to avoid tears spilling out I stood near the door. I did not feel like going back to my berth. Fifteen minutes later Vivek came out searching for me. We stood by the door in complete silence.

"Shall we watch a movie?" he asked in a clipped tone.

"No," it came out more harshly than I intended it to be. When I tried to move back to seats he pulled me closer holding my elbow.

"Ananya, don't throw your tantrums now." he said in a menancing tone.

" You talk to me after one week and this is what you say. Great! I am the one throwing tantrums here." I said looking into his eyes.

"Will you.." I stopped him by pulling away my hands from his grip when I saw a women approaching towards the door.

I walked back to the seats without looking back. In a rage I tried to climb the upper berth but I only ended up spraining my ankle in the process. I yelped in pain holding my ankle. Vivek rushed to me on seeing me holding my foot, sitting on the edge of his seat.

"What's wrong??" he asked in a worried tone.

"Nothing," I got up from his seat. Hiding my wincing it tried to climb to the upper berth slowly. I took out my blanket and covered myself after settling in my berth. Vivek stood there watching me in disbelief, shaking his head he went back to his place. I couldn't sleep throughout the journey due to the pricking pain of my ankle and the second reason being in sleeper class compartments.

I tried to get off my seat when I heard Vivek's alarm, wincing I got down.

Vivek saw me wincing  "Ananya , what happened?" he asked me softly this time.

"I think I sprained my ankle." I replied glumly sitting beside him.

"Your ankle is slightly swelled," he bent down and checked my foot, "We should consult a doctor when we reach home."

"I don't think that is necessary, I will be fine once I take a painkiller and spray a pain reliever." I said trying to wear my flats.

"I should have known by now, that you decided to never listen to me." Vivek said haughtily

"Vivek, it's not tha.." he stopped me from saying further by getting up from the seat and pulling out the luggage.

"Don't even try. Next station is the one we should get down, let's move." he said moving ahead. Limping I followed him.

We hired a cab to home. Throughout the cab ride Vivek hasn't uttered a word but he asked the driver to stop near the pharmacy. He brought a pain reliever spray and handed it to me.

Thirty minutes later we reached home. Vivek got down with the luggage. After paying the driver, we went inside.

" Here, you people finally arrived," Ma said seeing us and hugged Vivek.

Hearing her, papa peeked through his newspaper, on seeing us he put the newspaper down and came smiling to us.

I took their blessings. My mother in law saw me wincing while I was sitting on the couch.
"Ananya, what's wrong?" she asked walking to me.

"Nothing to worry Ma, I just sprained my ankle I will be fine once I spray a pain reliever."

"Be careful while you walk. Now, go freshen up I will call you for breakfast after that you can rest for a while." she said.

Vivek followed me, to our room wordlessly.