LI- Imagine Legolas' feelings about you being taller and stronger than him

Imagine Legolas' feelings about you being taller and stronger than him

Caution: PG-13
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Legolas, I am not going to fight you," you said for the third time that day.

"Why not? You have fought me once before," he reasoned.

"Yes, back when we were not courting. Which was a year ago," you responded. You were currently sitting down as Legolas stood towering over you. That was the only way he could tower over you. When you were both standing, you were taller than him by inches.

"I just want to know if you are still stronger than me," he replied quietly. You stared at him for a while.

"I thought you said that did not matter? That my height and, well, you know—my strength did not matter," you told him, getting a little defensive.

"I am sorry," he said, noticing your change of mood. He stepped near as he always did when he meant to comfort you. "It still does not matter to me. I love you just the way you are. Sometimes I feel like I should be stronger so I can protect you if needed," he said truthfully. Your shoulders relaxed from their previous rigid manner, and your frown turned upward into a small smile.

"Legolas, I admire that you want to protect me. I do. But just like you, I do not need someone else's protection. I will, however, feign helplessness and ask you to open a jar that I supposedly cannot open from time to time," you said, trying to lighten the mood.

Legolas chuckled, giving you an agreeing nod. You walked toward him and leaned your head down as if to kiss him. In the last second, you kicked your foot under his legs, and he fell backward. You wasted no time as you quickly positioned yourself on top of him. You straddled him, pinning his arms above his head.

"I was not ready," he said breathlessly.

"Are you ready now?" you asked, smirking.

"Yes, why?" he asked skeptically.

"If you are ready, try to slip from my hold," you urged. Legolas smirked and, with all his strength, tried wriggling free from your hold. You did not budge one bit. A giggle escaped your lips. With a grunt, Legolas tried once more to escape from your hold, but the movement was futile. When he finally relaxed, a look of defeat came over his face. You offered him a small smile and turned over so you were not straddling him anymore. You stood up and offered Legolas a hand. He gave you a crooked smile and held his hand out for help.

"I have to admit I like seeing you take control like that," he said, not meaning anything other than what it is he said. You laughed as you noticed how flirtatious his comment sounded. His cheeks turned red, and his eyes went wide when he realized the other meaning to his remark.

"No. I did not mean it like—" he stopped mid-sentence and laughed along with you. Leaning your head, you gave him the kiss you owed him, causing him to smile happily.