CHAPTER 8: Coffee and Rain

Cicilia's POV:

It was Sunday, the day James asked me to go out with him and I didn't want to hurt him. My fingers hovered over the keypad thinking whether I should go out or not.
Involuntarily my fingers started typing and before I knew it, I had already texted him that I would be going.
I bit my lips as I waited for his reply and a few minutes later my phone beeped as he texted me saying that he would pick me up by five and I smiled, enjoying myself a little bit won't hurt.

Time seemed to pass by quickly and I changed my clothes and wore a white off shoulder summer dress with floral prints. I looked at myself in the mirror and it was a year and almost a half later that I was actually going out somewhere. I seemed to have completely forgotten how to have fun.

The doorbell rang and I opened it to come face to face with James dressed in a casual, navy blue T-shirt with a light blue jeans.

"Hi", he said with a big smile on his face, "I am glad that you are coming with me, I thought you won't."

"Of course, going out isn't a problem for me."

I picked up Angela and I said to James, "Just give me two minutes and I will drop her at my neighbour's house. He nodded before going down and waiting for me in the parking lot.

I rang the bell and as usual Mrs.Williams opened the door and on seeing me she smiled warmly.

"Please don't mind me asking but can you keep her with you for an hour or two", I requested in the gentlest tone and her smile widened as she said, "Of course dear, you know how much I like having her around, she is a bundle of joy."
And she took Angela from my hands and then she eyed me from head to toe.

"So, going out for a date?", she asked with a hint of amusement in her tone and I blushed saying, "No, it is just a friendly outing over a cup of coffee."

"Are you going out with that owner of the Arnold enterprises?", her question surprised me as I looked at her in shock.

"What are you talking about?", I asked nervously, "And I am going out with my friend not him."

"Oh come on Cicilia, do you think I won't notice him coming here every Friday?" And then she leaned closer before whispering, "And Angela is lucky to have him as his father."

My body went rigid with shock as I looked at her in disbelief because I never told her who was Angela's father.

"Is it obvious?", I questioned her.

"Of course, they look so familiar and there couldn't be any other reason for such a famous business man to come here even though he owns this building. He has lots of work yet he comes here every Friday, he must really love Angela. And don't worry I won't tell this to anyone", she whispered the last part softly and I relaxed.

I then waved her and Angela goodbye before going down and meeting James leaning against his car and once he saw me he opened the passenger door for and I muttered a small thank you to him.
Wonder if Sebastian would do that for me, why am I even thinking about him?!

"What happened? Did you see a ghost?", James said while sitting on the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Nothing."

The car fell into a silence which he broke by saying, "You are looking beautiful, Cicilia."

I smiled and blushed as I said, "Thanks, you are looking good too."
Then again there was silence, he wanted to ask me something but he never did.

The car finally stopped in front of a small cafe. And as we walked in through its door, the smell of coffee and cakes filled my nostrils, smells delicious.