ringo! pay attention! - starr

short but sweet
pls enjoy, i spent a lot of time on this (way more then i should've)

1964

"Ringo! Pay attention!"

"Right, sorry," he snapped his head back towards the stage manager, who had been in the middle of a complaint about the awful set the lads had put on that night. He pointed out how Ringo seemed "zonked out" 90% of the time, how Paul's foot guided John wrong and how that lead to the guitar and bass to be totally off the entire time, and they all sat back simply listening to the entire rant without a care in the world.

Ringo's lips pursed as his head turned slightly to see his wife perched on the couch with Jane by her side, laughing. Her lipstick shined in the light, and he watched her with determination. His tongue ran over his teeth as his eyes switched back over to the crazed man, who began to direct his attention to the two women on the couch, and Pattie standing directly behind them beginning to listen in on the conversation. They all looked up when the manager stated "these women are only getting in the way..."

"Oi, ye better watch it," Paul said sternly, "they have every right to be here, just like you have every right to direct us."

"I do believe what dear Macca 'ere is trying to say," John stepped up beside him, wrapping an arm around Paul's shoulder and turning smugly to the director, "go find some ratchet birds to bombard out of 'ere."

"Yeah, quick picking on 'em," Ringo pushed a finger against the manager's chest.

He sighed, turning on his heel to shuffle out of the room with at least three people rushing after him as if he was about to melt. The boys gathered around the couch, each one flashing a toothy grin at the girls. Ashley turned to Ringo, pecking a kiss to his nose and pressing her forehead to his.

"Thanks for that," Jane spoke up above the group.

"Anything for our favorite birdies," John winked at her, Paul furrowing his brow in jealously as he pulled Jane closer to his hip.

"Let's go back to the hotel yeah?" Ringo said in Ashley's ear, earning a quiet giggle from her in response.

"Of course."