Chapter 4 ~ Stuck In Hell

Skylar's P.O.V

The bell rings loudly, the screeching noise making me cringe internally, and I quickly pack up my stuff. Will is waiting for me, leaning against the lockers directly outside my classroom. I always tease him for acting like my stalker but right now, I couldn't be happier to see him.

I run into his arms and bury my head into his chest. Will's always been almost a foot taller than me which is annoying but it works in his favour since he gives amazing hugs.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I pull back slightly, and lean against him as we walk down the busy hallways.

"Let's see. I got into my first fight this morning, causing me to get my first ever detention and it just so happens to be with Jack, Alex and Bethany. I'm going to be stuck with them for like an hour, and plus, I'm kinda scared about going to detention." Will gives me a look that says, are you serious.

"I've never been before and I don't know what to do or where to sit." He rolls his eyes and casually slings his arm around my shoulders.

"Uh such a goody two shoes, just read a book or something."

"Wow, so much help." I mutter sarcastically, as I yank my locker open and retrieve my text books so I can study tonight. I've got a couple of tests coming up so of course, I have to study like mad. Will calls me a nerd but I call myself prepared. It's always funny to see him scramble through my notes before a big test like a fool.

"I'll see you tomorrow, oh and I never told you how proud I was of you for getting into that fight. My little baby is all grown up." I playfully punch him as he laughs and messes up my hair.

"Get lost." He chuckles and walks away, giving me a quick wave as I watch him disappear. Okay, let's find out where detention is.

As luck would have it, Mr Baxter walks right past me, juggling about fifty books in his hands. "Mr Baxter!" I call out, rushing to his side. He sighs but turns around anyway, a scowl marked on his face.

"Um, you wouldn't happen to know where detention is would you?" He stood a little straighter and gave me a weird smile.

"Of course, but it comes with a price of course." The smile was still etched onto his face and I couldn't help but think the worst. There's no way he meant something sexual right? Because that would be sick, the man is like fifty.

"Carry these books up to my classroom and I'll tell you." I let out a small sigh of relief, causing him to scrunch up his eyebrows in confusion. I nodded and grabbed the large pile of books off him, and carefully followed him back to his room.

I thought he meant carry half each but apparently he's a lazy bastard just like in class, when he plays the same movie over and over again just so he can get a quick nap in. I set the pile down and then turn to him.

"Classroom 5A." Shit, that was practically on the other side of school. I pull my bag further up my shoulder and start to walk out, when he calls my name.

"You should hurry, Mr Jones hates it when students are late to detention. Wouldn't want detention again tomorrow night?" I glared at him, before dashing down the hallways like a mad man. I'm going to be late, I'm going to be late.

"Ahh, Miss Reign. Nice of you to join us." I note the heavy sarcasm in his voice and give him a shy nod. I make my way to the only available seat, near the back of the room, and of course it's right next to Alex.

I ignore the longing looks and glares I get from the some of the most scariest people in school as I pull out my current novel, The Great Gatsby.

My eyes couldn't help by flicker over to Alex, who looks too busy to even notice me looking, as he sketches away in his notebook. I lift myself up a little to try and get a better look but  his head snaps towards me and I quickly avert my eyes. My cheeks flame up and I didn't miss the tiny chuckle he let out.