𝟬𝟬𝟮 a girl or a hurricane?

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・☆ chapter two!
a girl or a hurricane?

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・☆ chapter two!                 a girl or a hurricane?

theme?
YOUNGER DAYS,
MT. JOY

Flo is always saying she doesn't understand herself like she understands other people— confused by her muddle of emotions and shifting attitudes

Flo is always saying she doesn't understand herself like she understands other people— confused by her muddle of emotions and shifting attitudes. JJ can fill in the dots pretty well, though. It's hard not to know someone like the back of your hand when you've known them as long as he's known Florence. Or, rather, when you pay attention to someone as much as he pays attention to her.

             Like, for example, she seems to get all of her energy from other people. Like absorbing the summer sunlight and refracting it. She's a disco ball— a lightning bug— a black t-shirt left out to dry in the sweltering heat— whatever the fuck, JJ didn't pass sixth grade english, and he doesn't do metaphors.

Rarely is she found off by herself, but instead, in constant contact with those around her— an arm thrown over Pope's shoulder, holding pinkies with Kie, even in her sleep, sharing the pull out with JJ, she clings to the warmth of his chest. Sticky skin on skin doesn't seem to phase her, but rather the coolness of her own space, apart from others, is agonizing.

Flo belongs to everyone around her— she was not made to exist on her own. JJ certainly isn't going to complain about that, not when she spends many of their Pogue outings attached at the hip with him.

Besides that— what Florence doesn't seem to understand about herself as well as her friends do, is that she is deceivingly gentle. She's approachable, kind, trustworthy, and everyone can see it. It's almost unbelievable how much so, considering the fact that with her circumstances no one could blame Flo for being bitter, untrustworthy, or cold. She just isn't.

               Of course, she's not actually as helpless as her demeanor presents, fully willing to snark back and forth between the Pogues— and even the occasional Kook giving her trouble. Florence's even been known to throw a punch or two, but that side of her is hardly ever required. Those close to Flo are rarely willing to let her fight for herself.